Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been crazy as of late certain posters not liking others having different opinions and even going as far as making stuff up. It's ridiculous. I think the entire board is on edge because we want this team to win. It's frustrating being an AZ sports fan.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's been crazy as of late certain posters not liking others having different opinions and even going as far as making stuff up. It's ridiculous. I think the entire board is on edge because we want this team to win. It's frustrating being an AZ sports fan.
Arguably we didn't have the frustrations when Booker was playing on clearly inferior teams early in his career. We KNEW they would lose. No pressure. Now the pressure is from our OWN expectations for this team and the fear that they are blowing it not only now, but in the near future as well. It's the raised expectations causing the chaos on the board. We are all able to control our expectations. That's the only thing we have control of in this situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguably we didn't have the frustrations when Booker was playing on clearly inferior teams early in his career. We KNEW they would lose. No pressure. Now the pressure is from our OWN expectations for this team and the fear that they are blowing it not only now, but in the near future as well. It's the raised expectations causing the chaos on the board. We are all able to control our expectations. That's the only thing we have control of in this situation.
Eh… people used to tell posters here who bashed the team when they were terrible that they weren’t fans and told them to leave, in one way or another, all the time back then. Board’s always been acromonious for as long as I can remember, really except for that two year run, starting with the bubble pretty much through the first two years of CP3/Booker, when they took us on a ride that unceremoniously ended with that Dallas series.

Everyone pretty much loved the way that team played the game and pretty much agreed on the team’s Achilles heel or heels, that Jones would keep ignoring.

But yeah… I’ve definitely played my part in the acrimony lately and will do my best to dial that back. None of us are happy with where the team is and how bleak the future is.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Eh… people used to tell posters here who bashed the team when they were terrible that they weren’t fans and told them to leave, in one way or another, all the time back then. Board’s always been acromonious for as long as I can remember, really except for that two year run, starting with the bubble pretty much through the first two years of CP3/Booker, when they took us on a ride that unceremoniously ended with that Dallas series.

Everyone pretty much loved the way that team played the game and pretty much agreed on the team’s Achilles heel or heels, that Jones would keep ignoring.

But yeah… I’ve definitely played my part in the acrimony lately and will do my best to dial that back. None of us are happy with where the team is and how bleak the future is.
Bleak? Sure.

But you kind of have to wonder why one of the smartest financial basketball minds in the world would take a job here. Money, sure, but it's not like Matt Tellem can't get a high paying job in other places besides Phoenix.

If our situation is as bad as people here are thinking, then why bother signing up for it?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bleak? Sure.

But you kind of have to wonder why one of the smartest financial basketball minds in the world would take a job here. Money, sure, but it's not like Matt Tellem can't get a high paying job in other places besides Phoenix.

If our situation is as bad as people here are thinking, then why bother signing up for it?

Because there's only 30 NBA jobs available. It's a small pool. So he could be one of the smartest and best in the world and still be #30 of #30 when it comes to NBA financial guys.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because there's only 30 NBA jobs available. It's a small pool. So he could be one of the smartest and best in the world and still be #30 of #30 when it comes to NBA financial guys.
It’s really about accumulating wealth with one’s smarts…

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was already employed by an NBA team.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He was already employed by an NBA team.
we did fire two guys to make room for him. Evidently Mat Ishbia was not happy with the performance of our cap situation and the work we are doing around that. I think it's pure Ishbia to look around the NBA and find the best and brightest, and probably over paying to do so. Plus you offer guys more flexibility and freedom to do their jobs. You obviously make it sound like the dream job. Ishbia probably also told him he would spend money on players and moves would not be contstrained by budget. The video I saw on this, supposedly this guy has a genius mind on how to get trades done getting around apron issues. That was the opinion of Bobby Marks. We will see as fans this off season if that is true.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lebron wants to buy an NBA team after he retires so there’s no way he’s turning down his player option for $50m and a two year $100m extension for the Lakers. That’d be turning down $150 mil over the next three years to sign for the veteran’s minimum Bronny or not,

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron wants to buy an NBA team after he retires so there’s no way he’s turning down his player option for $50m and a two year $100m extension for the Lakers. That’d be turning down $150 mil over the next three years to sign for the veteran’s minimum Bronny or not,

Only way he turns down a larger offer is if it's his last year, to play with Bronnie. As long as he can make $50m+ he's going to take it.

The way that franchise prices have skyrocketed though I don't see him being able to purchase a team. He's worth roughly 1.2 billion now, which is insane, but that's not even half of a franchise.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only way he turns down a larger offer is if it's his last year, to play with Bronnie. As long as he can make $50m+ he's going to take it.

The way that franchise prices have skyrocketed though I don't see him being able to purchase a team. He's worth roughly 1.2 billion now, which is insane, but that's not even half of a franchise.
What would a controlling interest cost?

Normally it’s not just one investor in a franchise.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would a controlling interest cost?

Normally it’s not just one investor in a franchise.

That varies depending on who he gets to invest with him. Server was the managing general partner here and I believe he personally only owned like 35% of the team, or somewhere in that ballpark.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Ishbia didn't pay the full amount. You need an ownership group.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ishbia didn't pay the full amount. You need an ownership group.

Because Ishbia bought out Sarver and some of the other owners shares. I believe Ishbia purchased 58% of the team. That's what he owns now and the rest is owned by the owners who stuck around from Sarver's tenure.

Source -

Ishbia, 43, had announced in December that he agreed to buy the teams from Robert Sarver, who had been pushed to sell the team amid a scandal. Ishbia purchased 57 percent of the organization, including Sarver’s 37 percent stake, according to a person familiar with the deal who was not authorized to speak publicly.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know this guy isn't the end all and be all of centers, but I read a while back we reached out to Andre Drummond. Seems like a potential vet min guy. Maybe it was just to keep in touch in case his price came down a bit.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this guy isn't the end all and be all of centers, but I read a while back we reached out to Andre Drummond. Seems like a potential vet min guy. Maybe it was just to keep in touch in case his price came down a bit.

He's been a vet min guy for a while now.

Problem with him is that you can't have him on the court in any important moment, he is quite possibly the worst free throw shooter in league history.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player