Sunderland AFC

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Good result from Sunderland and from Newcastle. Kind of like kissing your sister, eh? :D Still, I had to root for you guys to draw and not lose outright, because I can't have Liverpool winning either. They are now a hated enemy, due to nabbing so many of our players.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Cracking day out, drive back was a nightmare as the motorway closed for some reason. Bad first half and great second, there was only one team were going to win if we kept playing.

Atmosphere was excellent (from our lot anyway) as was Wes Brown. Catts did well and JC did canny too apart from once or twice when he got caught in possession.

Can't believe Ricco didn't het sent off mind, 9 times out of ten he would of.

Oh and want a goal!!!!

Stout

Reaction score
Bruce will not finish season.

Wow, you guys drew with Liverpool and lost 1-nil in a derby match, and you're ready to sack the coach? Ouch!

I didn't get to watch it, but obviously I'm glad with the result. It sounds like we were denied a clear penalty early, and that you guys were on top of your game early. Again, it seems as if it was a rough-and-tumble fixture. Always good walking away from a rough derby game with the points.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you guys drew with Liverpool and lost 1-nil in a derby match, and you're ready to sack the coach? Ouch!

I didn't get to watch it, but obviously I'm glad with the result. It sounds like we were denied a clear penalty early, and that you guys were on top of your game early. Again, it seems as if it was a rough-and-tumble fixture. Always good walking away from a rough derby game with the points.
Just what I heard from peoples.

English on tour

Reaction score
Not a good day at work.... It's fun working on Newcastle city centre after a weekend like that!

Man I am pleased I have blocked Stout so don't know what he is saying! (only joking mate ;-) You make the most of it fella....ya git :). )

Stout

Reaction score
Not a good day at work.... It's fun working on Newcastle city centre after a weekend like that!

Man I am pleased I have blocked Stout so don't know what he is saying! (only joking mate ;-) You make the most of it fella....ya git :). )

Why would I make anything of it? I'm used to us winning this derby fixture ;)

English on tour

Reaction score
Well, Newcastle has a strong side thus far, are sitting on 4 pts after two matches, and have put up a clean sheet in two games thus far... :)

blow it out your arse Stout :moon:

Have to agree it was a strange team selection last night. I think he wants us to play a certain way this season with one up top and men in behind so can see why he did it. Big question is when it wasnt CW up front and Sess in behind?

A real head scratcher that one. As for as calling for bruces head, i just dont get it, the Sunderland message boards are in melt down so there are plenty our there with the same oppinion but for me its a long season and we just need to keep the faith. 5 or 6 games again without a win and yes we may have a problem, but not just yet!

Stout

Reaction score
blow it out your arse Stout :moon:

Have to agree it was a strange team selection last night. I think he wants us to play a certain way this season with one up top and men in behind so can see why he did it. Big question is when it wasnt CW up front and Sess in behind?

A real head scratcher that one. As for as calling for bruces head, i just dont get it, the Sunderland message boards are in melt down so there are plenty our there with the same oppinion but for me its a long season and we just need to keep the faith. 5 or 6 games again without a win and yes we may have a problem, but not just yet!

Sorry, I didn't realize that you guys had a Carling Cup game last night. That makes my comment kind of classless in retrospect (though I can only regret it somewhat :) ).

Yeah, I'm with you. The Carling Cup isn't a huge deal, as you weren't going to win it. Pardew is screaming that he's taking it seriously, but it won't be a big deal if we bounce either, as we aren't winning it. You guys had an excellent draw and one derby loss. Nowhere near the end of the world yet.

English on tour

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't realize that you guys had a Carling Cup game last night. That makes my comment kind of classless in retrospect (though I can only regret it somewhat :) ).

Yeah, I'm with you. The Carling Cup isn't a huge deal, as you weren't going to win it. Pardew is screaming that he's taking it seriously, but it won't be a big deal if we bounce either, as we aren't winning it. You guys had an excellent draw and one derby loss. Nowhere near the end of the world yet.

yep, but tell that to some folk over here. they are out with their pitchforks for Brucie.