Sunderland AFC

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
What a wash out yesterday was.

My first away game of the season, had a great Saturday night in Liverpool followed by that!! I actually thought we did ok first 25 mins, hit the woodwork a few times and then they scored with their first shot.

Right back in it at 2-2 and for some reason didn't shut up shop and kept pressing.

Sunderland away fans were brilliant as usual.

On a sad note, a lad about 5 seats away from us had an fit and was down for about 20 minutes whilst paramedics looked after him and then managed to get him out of the ground. I hear is ok but it was pretty awful when he was 'fitting'. Seemed to go on for ever.

Everton stewards, police were excellent I have to say. Their fans were not :-(

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
They had a pretty spirited, if ultimately doomed, effort against Arsenal but since then it has not been pretty. The next home game loss against Watford was particularly disappointing considering the remaining fixtures of last month.

Need to get something against AV at home.

English on tour

Reaction score
Just gut done watching the second half as I missed it this morning.
Thank goodness for Dafoe.

Indeed. Two poor sides playing yesterday, but you can only beat what is in front of you. Must kick on now to have any chance but as always a run of hard games coming up...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Two poor sides playing yesterday, but you can only beat what is in front of you. Must kick on now to have any chance but as always a run of hard games coming up...

Two sides playing poor, but that Aston Villa goal was outstanding!

Congrats on the win.

English on tour

Reaction score
Huge win for you lot, and not too bad for the Magpies either, even if you did jump just above us in the table. Could have done with one less goal for you lot, though :)

It's keeping it going that's the problem for both of us. Your lot look like they played well the few weeks too, just without picking up results.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's keeping it going that's the problem for both of us. Your lot look like they played well the few weeks too, just without picking up results.

Yeah, even a few of those 1-0 losses were improvements, barring the West Brom one. Usually we only get up for playing against the big clubs, like we did against Man U. Man, if they weren't gifted a penalty, I think we win that one. We still came back from 2-0 down. Oh well.

Form is one thing, but if you're not getting results at the bottom, form won't matter.

Stout

Reaction score
You lot just signed Harper. Boo! Traitor! This is unforgivable! Of course, if a Sunderland player signs for Newcastle, that's okay (as long as he's good), because that's just moving from the dark side to the light ;)

English on tour

Reaction score
You lot just signed Harper. Boo! Traitor! This is unforgivable! Of course, if a Sunderland player signs for Newcastle, that's okay (as long as he's good), because that's just moving from the dark side to the light ;)

He's a Sunderland lad (Seaham Harbour, same as my old man!) so he knows what it's about. Will never play, is third choice keeper but may be able to help Pickford along. He will also be on about 10p a week, so it's a no brainer.

Shame some mags have meant he has had to close his Twitter account

Stout

Reaction score
He's a Sunderland lad (Seaham Harbour, same as my old man!) so he knows what it's about. Will never play, is third choice keeper but may be able to help Pickford along. He will also be on about 10p a week, so it's a no brainer.

Shame some mags have meant he has had to close his Twitter account

Oh, I know. I was just joshing around. He said specifically he's looking forward to mentoring Pickford. Also, he pre-emptively closed his twitter account, before the signing was announced. A small detail. I think he remembers the Jack Colback backlash lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scrappy point against Liverpool. Another game that Liverpool dominated and had no business giving away points. Story of the season really.