Sun Devil Basketball 17-18

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I️ know it’s just one game but the Devils completely destroyed the SDSU team last night in the second half. Before the game they were talking about how a forward from the Aztec team is an NBA prospect. ASUs bigs abused him severely.

For the first time in a long time I’m encouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm contemplating taking the family to Sunday's game. Haven't been to one there, the kids are getting into hoops and the price is right

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
We had a fun time. Not much of a crowd, but still a decent environment. Kids got into it, my son was pretty vocal. He liked the plays above the rim - blocks, dunks, etc and was liking Romello White. My daughter was drawn to Tra Holder.

Both thought the curtain was fun. They liked the band, the cheers, etc and were pushing for them to hit 100

I had no complaints ( aside from my burger being trash on a stale roll).

Would definitely go again, but would need to look out for secondary market deals like today.

Seems like a missed opportunity to push promos for these early non- conference games. Do family packs, etc for these noon games, put more people in the building, more to see your product (I don't have pac12 network) and you'll move a lot in concessions

You must be registered for see images attach

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a fun time. Not much of a crowd, but still a decent environment. Kids got into it, my son was pretty vocal. He liked the plays above the rim - blocks, dunks, etc and was liking Romello White. My daughter was drawn to Tra Holder.

Both thought the curtain was fun. They liked the band, the cheers, etc and were pushing for them to hit 100

I had no complaints ( aside from my burger being trash on a stale roll).

Would definitely go again, but would need to look out for secondary market deals like today.

Seems like a missed opportunity to push promos for these early non- conference games. Do family packs, etc for these noon games, put more people in the building, more to see your product (I don't have pac12 network) and you'll move a lot in concessions

You must be registered for see images attach

Awesome!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Insane to me that the largest school in the country can't pack Wells Fargo consistently.

They need a more "homey" arena like GCU. It would make the student section more impactful with less dead space. Also being a tourney team consistently of course.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
They need a more "homey" arena like GCU. It would make the student section more impactful with less dead space. Also being a tourney team consistently of course.
Didn't they just do a renovation on it last year? I think they decreased the seating capacity to just over 10K...which is pretty small. I just think ASU does a bad job getting their student body interested in anything to do with the school lol. If you're not 1st...you don't exist. It's terrible.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they keep winning like this then Wells Fargo is going to get more crowded I would think. Phoenix is a bandwagon town and they're the only team playing here that looks to be competitive this winter so interest and crowds should grow. Of course that also means that Hurley could get interest elsewhere but it's better than continuing to suck.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The PAC 12 is crazy so far. Only ASU and WSU have beaten top-25 teams while Arizona, Oregon and UCLA have lost to unranked opponents.

ASU looks like a tourney team now that they have size and a senior backcourt.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Devils are gonna lose to teams that have more talent but they don’t have any shortcomings. Nice guard play. Bigs that can rebound and defend. This team is definitely a tourney contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the Devils only have 7 scholarship players so depth could hurt them later on.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wonder how the other Arizona schools are doing?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson