stretch the field

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
time to stretch the field. fitz? great hands, little speed. boldin? ditto...with much more heart. fitz is a top 10 talent at the wr position, but i'd much rather have a burner such as steve smith or randy moss to stretch the field. we stretch it, then we can dump a pass down to the TE or swing a pass out to a rb. the run game would improve as well, as the safety could not drop down into the box all the time. time to get a burner with good hands, and give up having two possession receivers.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
You are 25,000th person to state this. Here's your prize.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
well, then it's obvious then. come back with something objective rather than some piece of crap post. stretch the field. it does wonders.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well the QB has to have 4 secs of pocket time to get the ball out to get a good one downfield. Look at the difference between moss this year in NE and moss last year in oakland. I know he has brady back there, but how often does brady have those 4 secs to set his feet?

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
well, then it's obvious then. come back with something objective rather than some piece of crap post. stretch the field. it does wonders.
It is obvious. We know it's an issue. We've been over this topic quite a few times and have beaten it to death already. Unfortunately, we don't have the power to do anything about it since we aren't a part of the Powers That Be.

Is this the post you wanted?

OP
OP
T

trueherotillman

Registered
Reaction score
nope....just something objective is fine with me. I must have missed all of the previous discussions, but the point remains the same.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is obvious. We know it's an issue. We've been over this topic quite a few times and have beaten it to death already. Unfortunately, we don't have the power to do anything about it since we aren't a part of the Powers That Be.

Is this the post you wanted?
okay.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
time to stretch the field. fitz? great hands, little speed. boldin? ditto...with much more heart. fitz is a top 10 talent at the wr position, but i'd much rather have a burner such as steve smith or randy moss to stretch the field. we stretch it, then we can dump a pass down to the TE or swing a pass out to a rb. the run game would improve as well, as the safety could not drop down into the box all the time. time to get a burner with good hands, and give up having two possession receivers.

Start the Draft DeShawn Jackson threads already!!! :p

Yes I think he could be a good pick in the teens for us. Yeah he might be there.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, I respect your opinion, but I would like to point out a few flaws.

1. We need a TE.
2. We need a qb willing to dump it to a RB.

Warner had many opportunities to go to his saftey valve but for some reason continued to force the ball into tight coverage.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. We need a qb willing to dump it to a RB..

With that comment, and not to ignite yet another Matt sucks/is QBOF thread, Matt was perfectly happy to dump the ball off to the RB or short option. TOO happy to do it, missing guys downfield, but he did it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the QB has to have 4 secs of pocket time to get the ball out to get a good one downfield. Look at the difference between moss this year in NE and moss last year in oakland. I know he has brady back there, but how often does brady have those 4 secs to set his feet?

NE's OL is clearly better than Oakland's was but believe me the difference this year from last year is that this year moss is actually TRYING to get open and catch balls.

He outright dogged it last year this year he's been incredible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're having enough trouble with the 100 yard field, if we stretch it even longer that won't help us.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With that comment, and not to ignite yet another Matt sucks/is QBOF thread, Matt was perfectly happy to dump the ball off to the RB or short option. TOO happy to do it, missing guys downfield, but he did it.

I was one of the many who were hammering Matt for not being more willing to look downfield. Frankly, I attributed it to him being gun-shy... He was clearly lost and frazzled this year, and would look to the dump-off almost exclusively...
That said, our offense is simply pathetic, including the play-calling. It was amazing to watch the Pats-Colts game last night as their respective offenses almost always seemed logical, fluid, great timing, smart play-calling and near-perfect execution. Both Manning and Brady knew exactly when to go downfield or dump it off to a back. When they did choose the dump-off, it almost always picked up serious yards (Addai went for a 70 yard TD on a little dump-off over the middle). Whenever Matt or Kurt chooses the dump off, it's in shear desperation mode and even then, the entire defense seems to know it's coming and Edge or JJ are nailed as soon as they touch the ball...
Oh God we SUCK!!!!!!
:bang:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
NE's OL is clearly better than Oakland's was but believe me the difference this year from last year is that this year moss is actually TRYING to get open and catch balls.

He outright dogged it last year this year he's been incredible.
I agree. the one thing moss does as well as any WR that I've ever seen is run the go route. he did it all the time in Minn. and you see him doing it again now in N.E. He wasn't able to do it in oakland as much because the QB didn't have time to set his feet and get the ball 50 yards downfield. that's what I meant.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leinart became too comfortable dumping to the RB IMO because Bush was so damn good at it. Blame Reggie.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your right Donald. However, Leinart has played in a total of what, 14 games. Yes, he wasn't going down the field enough. Warner should know better and if you watch the replay of the Bucs game you will be astounded at the opportunities for positive yards were thrown away.
Add that to the fact a Bucs DB said after the game that Warner stares down his receiver. Thats sad.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Who said that?

That is sad.

Meanwhile, Warner, who has long had trouble against the Buccaneers, completed just 10 of 30 passes. Tampa Bay safety Tanard Jackson said Warner has a reputation for staring down receivers and Jackson was able to make the game’s first interception when he said Warner did just that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard