Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed all the seasons but I watched 1-2 and 3 all in the same month

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably but they would have gone out in an epic blaze of glory. :)

He's my favorite of the kids so that aspect would have sucked but boy would that have been a stunning event. I do wonder if they considered it at all since there was a little bit of foreshadowing. I'd be interested to see them asked it.
I thought there was much more likelihood that Steve would die. They even gave him the “when I retire” monologue that almost always foreshadows someone’s doom.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought there was much more likelihood that Steve would die. They even gave him the “when I retire” monologue that almost always foreshadows someone’s doom.
Yeah that was my thought as well. I’m glad they didn’t and there will obviously be a love triangle in season 5.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yeah that was my thought as well. I’m glad they didn’t and there will obviously be a love triangle in season 5.
Hopefully not too much of a triangle. I think they should kill Jonathan in S5, they probably should have this season. They could make it a good big brother arc where dies protecting Will and helps him succeed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hopefully not too much of a triangle. I think they should kill Jonathan in S5, they probably should have this season. They could make it a good big brother arc where dies protecting Will and helps him succeed.
Could be, there was too much Steve/Nancy stuff in S4 for that to go away.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah… continuing to just kill off the new likable season guest (Sean Astin in Season 2) and the death this season we’re effective because they were solid characters, but as this thing goes on, the stakes get less and less for our main characters… especially now that one actually died on screen… and then was brought back to life.

But at this point, you either just gotta just go with the Duffers and accept the show for what it is or changed your expectations. It’s not game of thrones and never was intended to be. I just wish they’d stop with the fake out deaths.

Nothing more I hate as a writer than that kind of schmuckbait. It’s just lazy.
What do you mean by "fake out deaths"?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "fake out deaths"?
Hopper sacrifices himself and explodes at the end of Season 3… just kidding. He just ducked under the explosion and was totally fine!

Certain character literally dies on screen this season then is magically brought back to life.

There was another one that escapes me from previous seasons, but I’m pretty sure Will “died” at some point on screen only for him to turn out not to be really dead.

It’s manipulative and lazy writing. Like someone dies on Better Call Saul… that m’fer is DEAD. There’s no lame comeback with an even lamer reason how they came back.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopper sacrifices himself and explodes at the end of Season 3… just kidding. He just ducked under the explosion and was totally fine!

Yeah but at the Very end of that episode they teased that he was still alive in Russia. Did anyone really think he was dead?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but at the Very end of that episode they teased that he was still alive in Russia. Did anyone really think he was dead?
I think the fact that he survived that is the obnoxious part

(although him dying may have ruined the show)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s my point. It was a lame takeout death that didn’t even last ten minutes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that he survived that is the obnoxious part

(although him dying may have ruined the show)
This.

And to be honest, for me, the whole Russia storyline was so dumb/boring, that Hopper being dead would have saved the show from wasting time there.

If you excised that entire Russia storyline from Season 4, literally nothing in the season changes. That’s not a good indicator of a successful storyline IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This.

And to be honest, for me, the whole Russia storyline was so dumb/boring, that Hopper being dead would have saved the show from wasting time there.

If you excised that entire Russia storyline from Season 4, literally nothing in the season changes. That’s not a good indicator of a successful storyline IMO.
In theory, yes, you could. But I think there were two things -- 1) they wanted to make this more of a global threat and 2) they wanted to keep the adults in the show but don't want them to be the "backup plan" for the kids.

The idea that the Russians are breeding demogorgons is fascinating. IMO

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
But isn't that what let Nancy's crew take him down?
That’s what I thought was implied as well. That even though each group didn’t exactly know what the other was doing, that it was the collective effort that allowed Nancy’s group to overcome the odds and take Vecna down.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought was implied as well. That even though each group didn’t exactly know what the other was doing, that it was the collective effort that allowed Nancy’s group to overcome the odds and take Vecna down.
yep

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, but you can easily write around that to ignore the Russian shenanigans, which i agree was a bad and boring story line.
At first it was a bore and predictable, but it really picked up speed when Hopper put his escape plan into motion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson