Steve Keim's Title

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It's time to find out if Keim is a General Manager or should simply be the Personnel Director. You can quibble about his draft selections, but my issue is the coaching staff and their assigned duties. I have repeatedly posted that BA is not getting the info he needs to make good decisions. Sunday night the possible Johnson touchdown should have been challenged. Now in this game an obvious non-catch is not worthy of a major explosion at a critical point. Whoever has this duty should immediately be stripped of that responsibility.

Then there's the issue of special teams. It's time for Keim to assert his authority and fire Jones. It's not like special teams have been good but just turned bad. They've been consistently gone from mediocre to bad in recent years. If just one unit was bad you could ride it out, but there's chaos on multiple units.

I think BA has done a fine job in many regards since he became the AZ head coach. However, he is not an experienced head coach. Sometimes his loyalty seems to get the better of his judgment. For example, he wanted Keim to lock up Floyd, which luckily didn't happen.

I would hope BA wouldn't see this as usurping his authority. To me it's simply where the buck stops. Sometimes head coaches need a more detached view to make the tough calls. That's what Keim's job is all about.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Blame BA & his staff all you want for questionable decisions, but the last 2 weeks, each obvious questionable calls be the refs should've been reviewed & overturned by replayed without a challenge. Nuff said

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With this being the bye week it is the perfect time to fire Amos and get a new ST's coach. Also have 100 punters try out and find one that can kick it high with distance.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have repeatedly posted that BA is not getting the info he needs to make good decisions. Sunday night the possible Johnson touchdown should have been challenged. Now in this game an obvious non-catch is not worthy of a major explosion at a critical point. Whoever has this duty should immediately be stripped of that responsibility.

As far as the replays, there's something about being the visiting team that precludes you from having access to the vidoe feeds in time to make a decision. BA talked about it after the Bills game. There was a bad call everyone wondered why he didn't challenge. After the game, he pointed out that when you're the visiting team, you just don't have access to the video. It happened to the Rams the following week in AZ. I was watching the game with my Rams fan buddy. He was going nuts yelling at Fisher for not challenging one or two blatant missed calls that would have been overturned. Then I explained to him the whole thing about the visiting team not having the video. I don't what the solution is, besides the league making a change. You'd almost be better off having somebody watching the live TV feed. But I think that's on a delay?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
As far as the replays, there's something about being the visiting team that precludes you from having access to the vidoe feeds in time to make a decision. BA talked about it after the Bills game. There was a bad call everyone wondered why he didn't challenge. After the game, he pointed out that when you're the visiting team, you just don't have access to the video. It happened to the Rams the following week in AZ. I was watching the game with my Rams fan buddy. He was going nuts yelling at Fisher for not challenging one or two blatant missed calls that would have been overturned. Then I explained to him the whole thing about the visiting team not having the video. I don't what the solution is, besides the league making a change. You'd almost be better off having somebody watching the live TV feed. But I think that's on a delay?

The problem with what you're saying is that the NFL controls the replays to the teams.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
You guys are nuts.. Quigley has twice the leg of Butler. Everything was fair caught yesterday which is the best outcome you can hope for with our terrible punt coverage,

Comparing Butler 2015 with Quigley 2016:

Butler Avg = 42.9 y/p
Quigley Avg = 41.3 y/p

Butler Long = 58
Quigley Long = 55

Butler % inside 20 = 36.7%
Quigley % inside 20 = 43.3 %

BTW, Quigley's 41.3 average ranks him dead last in the NFL this year, by 2 yards.

My analysis... they both suck, but at least we don't need to worry about either out kicking their coverage.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem with what you're saying is that the NFL controls the replays to the teams.

I'm just going by what BA said. It seems to always play itself out though with the away team getting screwed on replay. When I saw that Olsen sideline non-catch, I alrelady knew the Cardinals wouldn't see it in time to challenge. So if both teams are receiving an official NFL feed, maybe it's too slow and what BA is referring to is an additional feed that the home team has? Hopefully somebody asks him about that today and he can clarify.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sunday night the possible Johnson touchdown should have been challenged. Now in this game an obvious non-catch is not worthy of a major explosion at a critical point. Whoever has this duty should immediately be stripped of that responsibility.

Unless I read the rule wrong in OT the coach cannot challenge a play.

Now on Olsen's 3rd down catch I was screaming for a challenge because Olsen clearly did not have both feet in bounds.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
According to radio reports this morning they were told there was a 'glitch in the replay system and that it was down.'

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This replay "glitch" is absurd. No one had an iPad that could stream the feed. TV had a conclusive shot!

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm just going by what BA said. It seems to always play itself out though with the away team getting screwed on replay. When I saw that Olsen sideline non-catch, I alrelady knew the Cardinals wouldn't see it in time to challenge. So if both teams are receiving an official NFL feed, maybe it's too slow and what BA is referring to is an additional feed that the home team has? Hopefully somebody asks him about that today and he can clarify.

Not to flog a dead horse, but BA did mention this again on Bickley and Marotta - http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=326530&sid=1015&n=Bickley+&+Marotta

He said there was a replay they had fast that was inconclusive. Then they got a replay that was conclusive, but it was too late. Then he said that's one problem with playing on the road. Unfortunately, he didn't specify why. So it's still a mystery to me why the road team has this disadvantage.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not to flog a dead horse, but BA did mention this again on Bickley and Marotta - http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=326530&sid=1015&n=Bickley+&+Marotta

He said there was a replay they had fast that was inconclusive. Then they got a replay that was conclusive, but it was too late. Then he said that's one problem with playing on the road. Unfortunately, he didn't specify why. So it's still a mystery to me why the road team has this disadvantage.

First and foremost I attend a lot of "road games" every year, and I can tell you when there is a close play on the field they won't show a replay inside the stadium. Not until after the Ref has come out from under the hood. So that is one disadvantage. So BA can't see it, so it's up to the guys in the booth to tell him.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's time to find out if Keim is a General Manager or should simply be the Personnel Director. You can quibble about his draft selections, but my issue is the coaching staff and their assigned duties. I have repeatedly posted that BA is not getting the info he needs to make good decisions. Sunday night the possible Johnson touchdown should have been challenged. Now in this game an obvious non-catch is not worthy of a major explosion at a critical point. Whoever has this duty should immediately be stripped of that responsibility.

Then there's the issue of special teams. It's time for Keim to assert his authority and fire Jones. It's not like special teams have been good but just turned bad. They've been consistently gone from mediocre to bad in recent years. If just one unit was bad you could ride it out, but there's chaos on multiple units.

I think BA has done a fine job in many regards since he became the AZ head coach. However, he is not an experienced head coach. Sometimes his loyalty seems to get the better of his judgment. For example, he wanted Keim to lock up Floyd, which luckily didn't happen.

I would hope BA wouldn't see this as usurping his authority. To me it's simply where the buck stops. Sometimes head coaches need a more detached view to make the tough calls. That's what Keim's job is all about.

We have had a number of non challenges and bad challenges. The coach made a challenge on a non challengable event the other day. Cost us a penalty at a bad time. The coach should know what you can challenge and cannot. That was stupid. There have been plays that clearly should have been challenged that were not. What is going on?

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First and foremost I attend a lot of "road games" every year, and I can tell you when there is a close play on the field they won't show a replay inside the stadium. Not until after the Ref has come out from under the hood. So that is one disadvantage. So BA can't see it, so it's up to the guys in the booth to tell him.

Of course. That makes sense. The in stadium replay gives the home team the advantage. Especially when the NFL feeds are broke.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought public places like stadiums have Wi Fi, and folks with I-Phones and other hand-held devices have access to streamed video of each game.

If true, all that needs doing is that SK or BA designate some dude "Replay Person", give him a tablet and put him/her in charge of Replay Follow. Thru.

Am I missing something?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought public places like stadiums have Wi Fi, and folks with I-Phones and other hand-held devices have access to streamed video of each game.

If true, all that needs doing is that SK or BA designate some dude "Replay Person", give him a tablet and put him/her in charge of Replay Follow. Thru.

Am I missing something?

Streams are delayed. Nothing on TV is "live".

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Am I missing something?

It wouldn't help if the replay equipment fails. The coaches up stairs have the video and there is someone in charge of that specific thing, there must be some disconnect though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn