Steelers release CB Steven Nelson

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now is the time to go to the vet players who could restructure and tell them "Here is what we want to do". Right now we seem to have players on our side and they are viewing us a contenders. Get the restructures done, and get creative enough to land us 2 CB's.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is, do we need a true #1 CB with the zone schemes Vance Joseph runs? Would 2 Solid #2s work since there are no 1:1 match ups? Nelson was rated, I think, as the 28th best CB the last 3 seasons. Between him, a 1st round CB and Murphy, along with the Safeties we have, that would be better than last year by leaps and bonds. PP is a low level #2 now and the drop off was bad after him and Murphy. If you Alford can give even spot duty as a 4th CB, then it's icing on the cake. I'd even offer Sherman a 1 year $2 million deal and fight it out with Alford for the final CB spot.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The question is, do we need a true #1 CB with the zone schemes Vance Joseph runs? Would 2 Solid #2s work since there are no 1:1 match ups? Nelson was rated, I think, as the 28th best CB the last 3 seasons. Between him, a 1st round CB and Murphy, along with the Safeties we have, that would he better than last year by leaps and bonds. PP is a low level #2 now and the drop off was bad after him and Murphy. If you Alford can give even spot duty as a 4th CB, then it's icing on the cake. I'd even offer Sherman a 1 year $2 million deal and fight it out with Alford for the final CB spot.

I concur. I don't like backing ourselves into having to take a CB in rd. 1, but that's looking inevitable at this point.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because why would we want to fill EITHER of our starting CB roster spots with GOOD players? smh
Because I think Richard Sherman is old and slow enough to fit our scheme

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the right price Sherman does still have value. he's not a pro bowler anymore but he is good in a zone, he is a ball hawk, and he's a very good tackler. You don't want him as your #1 Cb but he can still play if he's healthy, if he's anywhere near the ball he'll make a play on it. And even though I know people hate him, he's actually a really good guy on a team, he's a leader of men if you will and he studies the game so he's a good help for younger players.

My guess is he probably wants too much money but I could see him doing what Green and JJ did and saying I think Arizona has a chance to be really good and I want to be on a contender.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At the right price Sherman does still have value. he's not a pro bowler anymore but he is good in a zone, he is a ball hawk, and he's a very good tackler. You don't want him as your #1 Cb but he can still play if he's healthy, if he's anywhere near the ball he'll make a play on it. And even though I know people hate him, he's actually a really good guy on a team, he's a leader of men if you will and he studies the game so he's a good help for younger players.

My guess is he probably wants too much money but I could see him doing what Green and JJ did and saying I think Arizona has a chance to be really good and I want to be on a contender.

If so he would be 3/4 of the way from completing the nfc west tour.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd still like to sign him even though we signed Butler.
stout, no doubt we still need another CB, either in the draft (1st or 2nd) or in FA. I'm sure the team would prefer FA, so that we would have more flexibility in the draft, but money will decide.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard