Steelers Insider Names Kliff Kingsbury A Strong Choice For Team's Offensive Coordinator Position In 2024

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also has a knack for ruining a drive. How many of our good drives stalled at the 5 yard line because he got cute with screens and reverses in the redzone? Rondale Moore is not the guy to give the ball to on a run at the goal line.
Petzing was guilty of this as well.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The second best offensive season the Arizona Cardinals have ever had was the 2021 season

Again, I think he will be like a Norv Turner. Never a top head coach but running offenses for a long time in the NFL.
I’m sorry I can’t understand this post or those liking it. Norv Turner was an elite offensive coordinator, esp with the run game. 2 time Super Bowl champ as a o coordinator and arguably a hall of Famer.

In no way in heck is Kliffy on the same career path in any world.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Can someone please let us know a coaching situation where Kliff has been successful? I know he played QB for TT, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL. What happened after that and before he failed as the head coach of his alma mater?

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can someone please let us know a coaching situation where Kliff has been successful? I know he played QB for TT, and had a cup of coffee in the NFL. What happened after that and before he failed as the head coach of his alma mater?
His offense at Texas Tech was very good. :shrug:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh ...don't forget he went to canadia and got a took and a moulson

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please let us know a coaching situation where Kliff has been successful?
He took the woeful Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs with an undersized QB who didn't study and a drunk GM who stuck him with Vance Joseph as DC, multiple years of failed draft picks, broken down vets in FA, and ultimately just skipped FA entirely in 2023. :shrug:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He took the woeful Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs with an undersized QB who didn't study and a drunk GM who stuck him with Vance Joseph as DC, multiple years of failed draft picks, broken down vets in FA, and ultimately just skipped FA entirely in 2023. :shrug:
Did he do that or was he just along for the ride like Whisenhunt was with Warner?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
More like the woeful cardinals and the undersized QB and roster took him to the playoffs sorry.. it’s true. Again - the stat I’ve posted over and over..over 80% of teams who pick a QB #1 overall make the playoffs within 3 years.

I’m going to wager that not 80% of the teams have a solid coach, and this is more so bc of picking a QB #1 overall and drafting so high. There is nothing specifically that anyone can point out and say our team excelled specifically bc Kliffy did this! Everyone can see it, experts, national analyst- how in the world are there a very few propel on this board that can’t? Absolutely zero teams in the NFL were clamoring for Kliffy when fired.. the only reason he’s getting interviewed currently is bc of Caleb Williams

***oh wait sorry, makes sense now.. you were one of the folks that liked the post that felt Kliffy was on the career path of Norv Turner, my goodness

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
some revisionist history going on here. Kingsbury has stunk everywhere he's been. If putting up points on defenseless BIG 12 conference makes you a good OC, I like my chances of becoming a good OC.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay….glad he’s gone. I got tired of watching wr screens, burning time outs on opening drives and running no huddle when the situation called to slow things down. He hung his undersized qb out to dry. He ran a college system that the NFL finally caught up with.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
some revisionist history going on here. Kingsbury has stunk everywhere he's been. If putting up points on defenseless BIG 12 conference makes you a good OC, I like my chances of becoming a good OC.
So many wins though.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many wins though.

You must be registered for see images attach
Tied for 7th most wins out of 43 coaches. Only 5 head coaches in history with winning records.

Data like that, you might think the problem isn't the coaches.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tied for 7th most wins out of 43 coaches. Only 5 head coaches in history with winning records.

Data like that, you might think the problem isn't the coaches.
AND somehow Kyler Murray came out of the Kliff tenure both alive and still in the NFL which is something.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

We were doomed to failure with Keim running the show, but I can't help wonder how things would have been different if we had hired someone other than Kliff Kingsbury.

The more time passes, the more shocking, and frankly disappointing, that hire becomes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard