Steelers Get Super Bowl XLIII Rings

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about over board.. Guess you need flashy and expensive things when you beat the best team.. :thumbup:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 am EDT

The Steelers get their subtle, understated Super Bowl rings
By MJD

I kid. There is nothing subtle or understated about the Steelers' new finger hardware. It is big, gaudy and garish, just like a Super Bowl ring should be. Mr. T. should look at a Super Bowl ring and say, "Geez, I don't know. That's just too much." Have a look at the newest ones:

You must be registered for see images

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, here are some ring facts:

• Each ring weighs 3.7 ounces.
• Each ring contains 63 diamonds that equal 3.61 carats
• The face features six big diamonds, one for each Steelers Super Bowl win
• Seven smaller diamonds at the top represent the Steelers' seven conference championships
• Seven more at the bottom represent the Steelers 14 divisional titles

On one side, the player's name is displayed along with his number, the Steelers logo, and the NFL logo. On the other side is the Super Bowl XLIII logo, the score of the Super Bowl, and six Lombardi Trophies sitting inside Heinz Field (not to scale).

The rings are huge, too, even by modern standards. When Charlie Batch(notes) held up his ring next to his Super Bowl XL ring, the Post-Gazette reported that the older ring looked "half the size of the new one."

These things seem to get bigger and bigger every year, with each Super Bowl-winning owner trying to outdo the last. Sometime in the next 10 years, someone's going to sprain a finger putting on their new Super Bowl ring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...their-subtle-understated-Super?urn=nfl,169248

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Talk about over board.. Guess you need flashy and expensive things when you beat the best team.. :thumbup:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to post that here do you believe for one second that's a slam on them. O, I see they went overboard on their Super Bowl championship rings that they earned by beating us boy, they must really feel silly now we showed them. :bang:

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you felt the need to post that here do you believe for one second that's a slam on them. O, I see they went overboard on their Super Bowl championship rings that they earned by beating us boy, they must really feel silly now we showed them. :bang:

Huh?

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This thread is like a car accident, I really didn't want to look, but I couldn't help myself.

Way to peel the scab off Gee!!

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is like a car accident, I really didn't want to look, but I couldn't help myself.

Hey man.. I got over the SB loss a month after it happened.. When I looked back, it was the greatest season that no one in their right mind would have guessed.. Sure I still wish we would have won it all, but damn.. I get to thinking about how young this team is and the direction were going in.. I cant help but be excited for the future.. Plus I think myself.. Why be like the Bucs and win just one on our first try and be content? Why cant we be eternaly pissed off that we lost our on first try and go get about 3 4 or maybe even 5 of those Lombardi trophies for ourselves?

:D

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Anyone have any clue on what the ring had looked liked if the Cardinals had won? :bang:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yup.

I did manage to not watch any coverage of their trip to the White House. Don't care, don't care, don't care.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How pretentious!

I guess Pittsburgh knew they got lucky.

Perhaps, they should have added a referee logo below the score to show how they won the game.

Just sayin'.....

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't know what the rings would have looked like but here is what Mondays paper would have.OUCH all over again.

Attachments

• Cards win Superbowl newspaper.jpg
    Cards win Superbowl newspaper.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 69

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
6 titles deserves a big ring. I don't really see what the fuss is about. The Steelers, as much as I hate the city and the ignorant fans, have built a consistently good football club that is deserving of the recognition they get.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Don't know what the rings would have looked like but here is what Mondays paper would have.OUCH all over again.
I'm guessing they would have looked very similar to the NFC Championship rings. :shrug:

Magoo

Yinzer
Reaction score
The rings work differently than the tee-shirts and hats that are printed for both teams. After the Super Bowl, the winning team will form a committee that usually includes a few players that will work together to design the look of the rings. I'm sure several players and higher ups in the Cardinals organization had ideas in their heads. However, nobody will ever know for sure what the rings would have looked like.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score

I'd bet the picture would have been different had we won. Probably Warner/Fitz in the confetti shower.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard