Steelers bringing in Tate, why not us?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw on Pro Football Talk that Pitt was bringing in Tate to replace injured Bell. Why did the Cards not make this move. Reports earlier were that we put in a claim when he was originally waived. I still think Tate has more talent that any other back on our roster. Does our front office not see us getting past the first round?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Saw on Pro Football Talk that Pitt was bringing in Tate to replace injured Bell. Why did the Cards not make this move. Reports earlier were that we put in a claim when he was originally waived. I still think Tate has more talent that any other back on our roster. Does our front office not see us getting past the first round?

Williams and Taylor are good enough...if of course, we stay committed to the run and our o-line actually performs...

OP
OP
B

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think you can ever sit back and say your "good enough" at any one position. Look what happened with Palmer & Stanton. Same with the RB position. They bet the farm on Ellington and he got hurt. What if we were to win next week and Williams and/or Taylor got hurt? What would we do the following week? Grice/Hughes?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't think you can ever sit back and say your "good enough" at any one position. Look what happened with Palmer & Stanton. Same with the RB position. They bet the farm on Ellington and he got hurt. What if we were to win next week and Williams and/or Taylor got hurt? What would we do the following week? Grice/Hughes?

We brought in Bush... Who knows if Tate has anything left... But, I'm all for replacing Grice with Tate!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres a reason this guy has been cut twice this year. There are demons we don't know about.

Besides that, is Tate REALLY going to be head and shoulders above what we have? I doubt it.

Give me a little more Williams!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We brought in Bush... Who knows if Tate has anything left... But, I'm all for replacing Grice with Tate!!

I'm wondering if Tate ever had anything at all. His most productive season was his rookie season. And he seems to be made of glass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson