Status of Cards position groups.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our safeties are elite, our tight ends are solid, our QB situation is... what it is, our interior linebackers look alright. After that, is there a position group where we are not the worst in the NFL? That is assuming Hopkins gets traded.

Corners, I'd say we're easily the worst group in the league.

D-Line, what d-line?

Outside Linebackers, Will Anderson would help, currently our starters would be The Barbarian and... Sanders? I'm hoping Simmons get put here full time.

O-Line, a bad group that has huge holes.

Running back, maybe not the league's worst but close.

Receivers, without Hop this group is rough.

I am expecting Ertz to get moved too, wouldn't be surprised if we're listening to offers on Hollywood as well.

This team may struggle to win a game. If Kyler is healthy in week 9 but we're 0-8 do they even put him out there?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I suspect we are going to be fielding a team of very young players this year. It's going to be hard to watch those growing pains.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2023-03-15

NOT

2023-09-15

I realize that, but most teams have rosters taking shape, ours is tearing down.

We should get some talent in the draft but I don't anticipate that and whatever scraps we're going to nibble in the remainder of free agency to alter the short term out look.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I realize that, but most teams have rosters taking shape, ours is tearing down.

We should get some talent in the draft but I don't anticipate that and whatever scraps we're going to nibble in the remainder of free agency to alter the short term out look.

A rebuild begins with a teardown.

It's what most on this board were screaming for.

Well, this is what it looks like when the demolition crew gets to work.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I suspect we are going to be fielding a team of very young players this year. It's going to be hard to watch those growing pains.
Especially when we fail to invest in 80 to 90% of them after their rookie contracts expire.

Rest easy however...... High priced and yet utterly replaceable 38 year old FG kickers will be given 2yr deals at above market prices during the entirety of our rebuild.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Especially when we fail to invest in 80 to 90% of them after their rookie contracts expire.

Rest easy however...... High priced and yet utterly replaceable 38 year old FG kickers will be given 2yr deals at above market prices during the entirety of our rebuild.
Yeah, their roster moves are puzzling to say the least. Just not committing enough.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, their roster moves are puzzling to say the least. Just not committing enough.
The only “hope” I have I that Monti FA failure is due to a mix of Bidwill limiting some spending and inexperience in the role. Not understanding the urgency of the market and setting prices far too low.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The only “hope” I have I that Monti FA failure is due to a mix of Bidwill limiting some spending and inexperience in the role. Not understanding the urgency of the market and setting prices far too low.
The only acceptable excuse is Bidwillian manipulation. If Monti's GM inexperience backfired on him that spectacularly, he is not at all ready for the role.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only acceptable excuse is Bidwillian manipulation. If Monti's GM inexperience backfired on him that spectacularly, he is not at all ready for the role.
Alas, we have to wait to see how this all works out

As of now it looks dim

Once again us, the fans, have to suffer

Will it end soon?

Last edited: