State of the Team: Arizona Cardinals

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K-9, this was about Arthur Brown. The position is OLB, not inside, and he is more a speed merchant than a power guy. His game savvy and instincts are such that he often is already moving towards where the ball is going BEFORE the QB completes taking the snap. He uses his hands well to brush away larger linemen. The experts list him as a 'can't miss' in the NFL, and some have him being taken by the Vikings at #25. I believe that he will go later though, because of his small size. I am not sure he makes it to 38 however. If he is there at #38, I believe we will give him some serious consideration. He is a run stopper par excellent, and his blitz's get him to the QB with great speed. I believe that he and D-Wash paired outside/inside would make a formidable pair to try and corral.

I think he'll make an interesting 4-3 OLB, but a complete disaster as a 3-4 OLB. Too small, no strength, no frame to add more bulk.

OLB is two very, very different positions in the scheme. You want your 3-4 OLB to be upwards of 260 lbs and 6'3-6'6", because they're regularly going to have to beat or bull rush offensive tackles.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I think he'll make an interesting 4-3 OLB, but a complete disaster as a 3-4 OLB. Too small, no strength, no frame to add more bulk.

OLB is two very, very different positions in the scheme. You want your 3-4 OLB to be upwards of 260 lbs and 6'3-6'6", because they're regularly going to have to beat or bull rush offensive tackles.

Gotcha !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen