Starts and Ends with Chris Paul

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, it's unlikely his hands could hold up under the workload of a playoff run, especially when being targeted on both ends. and there's no way he's going to admit it, perhaps even to Monty, because the only fix is sitting. Booker burning the Mavs and other players stepping up, may provide some relief.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought that at first but not now. Listening to Dallas radio? They were saying Kidd took the Pelicans direction when it comes to Paul. They are bodying him up every single time he is in there to wear him down. If you are physically taxed, you have no legs, and your passes are not as crips either. Maybe it's both.

He never came close to looking this bad against the Pelicans though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He never came close to looking this bad against the Pelicans though.
In Games 2 & 4 (Pelican series) Paul shot 31% and we were -12 with him on the floor and on the other game he shot 25% and we were -14 with him on the floor. I would say that is pretty effective in limiting Paul. They know Paul is going to get his assists. They didn't want him to take over games offensively ON TOP of that. I think Kidd is of the same mindset. Paul will get his assists but don't let him take over by scoring as well. That tactic seems to have worked in 5 of 12 playoff games with Chris so far. Just under half.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought that at first but not now. Listening to Dallas radio? They were saying Kidd took the Pelicans direction when it comes to Paul. They are bodying him up every single time he is in there to wear him down. If you are physically taxed, you have no legs, and your passes are not as crips either. Maybe it's both.

Its so taxing, that even the guy guarding him suffered a non contact injury. Bullawk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its so taxing, that even the guy guarding him suffered a non contact injury. Bullawk
I don’t understand why bullock isn’t allowed to literally lean on Paul while the ball is being inbounded. If I were the suns I’d complain about that to the league. He wants to be physical, fine, but to just allow him to physically lean on a guy before the ball is even inbounded is taking the physicality to a ridiculous extreme.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t understand why bullock isn’t allowed to literally lean on Paul while the ball is being inbounded. If I were the suns I’d complain about that to the league. He wants to be physical, fine, but to just allow him to physically lean on a guy before the ball is even inbounded is taking the physicality to a ridiculous extreme.

Pels and Mavs are taking pages from the clips series last year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well, it does start with Paul, but it needn't end here. he's obviously having hand issues, and last week someone on radio mentioned it started in one of the Pel games. it's obvious because now he's only taking wide open shots rather than trying to get any of his own (not even his elbow jumpers). and with his hand either stiff and/or hurting his passes aren't precise -- and our advantage at center is greatly diminished without his feeds (which, btw, is why i would have played McGee rather than B. B can only score via a lob)

Booker had been carrying the load but poor shooting and 8 turnovers, ended up crapping out like every other Suns player besides Ayton in game 6.

i was really disappointed when the Suns didn't add a backup point guard before the trade deadline, for this very reason -- that Paul would have issues in their playoff run. i relaxed a little when Holiday looked good. if i knew Monty wouldn't play him, i would have panicked.

i think we win Sunday. but we won't make it to the Finals with Paul, as is.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Chris Paul is unreliable in the playoffs it’s that simple. He can go from best player in the court to liability like that. Very strange.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul is unreliable in the playoffs it’s that simple. He can go from best player in the court to liability like that. Very strange.

Something is chronically wrong with his hands too. The surgery didn't fix it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i have nothing but appreciation for Paul this season. he got us the #1 seed and almost single-handedly past the Pelicans. but the risk was known and the facts were in by mid-season that no combination of Payne and Shamet and Point Book was adequate as Paul's backup.

if there is a valid reason why Holiday also can't cut it, then the conclusion is that management dropped the ball

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul is done. Even if he could show flashes he doesn’t have enough in the tank to make it through a regular season and playoffs anymore.

His legacy is cemented as a choker. If I were Paul I would ring chase with what time I have left in the league.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Paul's Hall Of Fame legacy is more-so cemented as leading the most teams to the best turnaround records, including the Suns last year, and this year being the #1 clutch closer who just couldn't last through the playoffs

indeed, the end of our season started with Chris Paul when he turned 37 a week ago, but the sad truth is our season ended with our 25 year old superstar.

in these last 2 blowouts combined, Booker had:

12 turnovers
0 of 8 from 3
9 of 31 field goals
-60 plus/minus

i still do give him credit for maturing, and keeping his cool, though

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Soured on CP3 and he's been one of my favorite players in the league since he was a rookie. It's like father time caught up with him during the playoffs on his 37th bday

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul is done. Even if he could show flashes he doesn’t have enough in the tank to make it through a regular season and playoffs anymore.

His legacy is cemented as a choker. If I were Paul I would ring chase with what time I have left in the league.

Most players don't try to play with injuries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose