Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting. It's possible he might be coming on as a different character then too. It's been feeling that they were trying to do an MCU type thing with season 2 where it let them create shows for the different guest characters and then down the line have an "avengers" event that brings everyone and everything together.
First thought that popped in my mind is Thrawn, but I don't think the fit is right unless RDJ wants to try something he hasn't really done before.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
First thought that popped in my mind is Thrawn, but I don't think the fit is right unless RDJ wants to try something he hasn't really done before.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, that's who I saw him rumored to play which is why I thought he'd be going to the Ahsoka show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sorry if it wasn't clear, that's who I saw him rumored to play which is why I thought he'd be going to the Ahsoka show.
That makes sense. Wondering if Thrawn will only be an Ashoka villain? Considering Mando S4 will certainly be about retaking Manalore.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
That makes sense. Wondering if Thrawn will only be an Ashoka villain? Considering Mando S4 will certainly be about retaking Manalore.

My guess was that Thrawn is going to be the overall big bad for this phase, like Thanos but mainly be in the Ahsoka show with her going after him. Mando will mainly deal with the things they left open ended there like Mandalore, the dark saber, etc. Boba Fett will be doing his thing and then they'll do something to pull them all together for the crossover event. Basically I'm seeing Favreau laying out a similar game plan to what he helped do with the MCU.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess was that Thrawn is going to be the overall big bad for this phase, like Thanos but mainly be in the Ahsoka show with her going after him. Mando will mainly deal with the things they left open ended there like Mandalore, the dark saber, etc. Boba Fett will be doing his thing and then they'll do something to pull them all together for the crossover event. Basically I'm seeing Favreau laying out a similar game plan to what he helped do with the MCU.

I think it's pretty safe to say that's the plan, but more on a similar scale as The Defenders than with the Avengers.

I'm actually fine with this because the movies have so many chefs in the kitchen whereas these seem to fly under the radar a bit better to allow slower development and freedom to take chances for the shows.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not ashamed to admit it, but episode 8 literally made me shed some man-tears of joy. :eek:

Yup. T'was awesome. I was going to talk about the last episodes but it looks like not all have seen it yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that’s what I’m hoping. After being America’s hero for the last decade, would be great to do see him to a heel turn. Especially for some like Vice Admiral.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re definitely setting up a Star Wars steaming culmination ala Marvel with the heroes of all these new shows.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re definitely setting up a Star Wars steaming culmination ala Marvel with the heroes of all these new shows.

I just read an article on this. Lucasfilm is reportedly copying the Marvel method of interconnected properties all leading someplace. That place appears to be related to the Timothy Zahn story lines from his books which are my favorite ever from the extended universe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read an article on this. Lucasfilm is reportedly copying the Marvel method of interconnected properties all leading someplace. That place appears to be related to the Timothy Zahn story lines from his books which are my favorite ever from the extended universe.

Is that the universe where Thrawn is the big bad? If so, sign me up.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Thrawn = Ebony Maw (Star Wars vs MCU)?

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Episode....

Really enjoyed seeing Luke in action.... Man oh man, he was one bad arse against those dark troopers. Awesome! However, the Harry Potter elder wand transfer that was ripped off for the darksaber kind of pissed me off. Other than that, great action packed season finale.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Last Episode....

Really enjoyed seeing Luke in action.... Man oh man, he was one bad arse against those dark troopers. Awesome! However, the Harry Potter elder wand transfer that was ripped off for the darksaber kind of pissed me off. Other than that, great action packed season finale.

The Luke in action was awesome to see but also a bit depressing. Partially because we know where he ends up in TLJ and largely because I'm now annoyed at George and Disney for taking 37 years to give us Luke in full Jedi mode. Imagine if we got a couple movies in the late-80s early 90s when Mark was still in his prime with action like that. It would have been a nerdgasm.

The Darksaber thing pissed me off too since Filoni broke his own canon with it. When Bo-Katan got it the first time she was given it by Sabine. She didn't have to win it in battle. I'm sure they did that to setup some strife for next season but I wish they did it in a way that was consistent with existing canon, especially canon he wrote.

PS Do we have a general rule about how long spoiler tags are needed?

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
The Luke in action was awesome to see but also a bit depressing. Partially because we know where he ends up in TLJ and largely because I'm now annoyed at George and Disney for taking 37 years to give us Luke in full Jedi mode. Imagine if we got a couple movies in the late-80s early 90s when Mark was still in his prime with action like that. It would have been a nerdgasm.

The Darksaber thing pissed me off too since Filoni broke his own canon with it. When Bo-Katan got it the first time she was given it by Sabine. She didn't have to win it in battle. I'm sure they did that to setup some strife for next season but I wish they did it in a way that was consistent with existing canon, especially canon he wrote.

PS Do we have a general rule about how long spoiler tags are needed?

A) There are genuine rumblings that Lucasfilm/Disney are going to abandon the storylines from the sequel trilogy and maybe relegate it to a different timeline.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021...alorian-tying-into-the-disney-sequel-trilogy/

The alleged insider states, “Well, Favreau wasn’t lying. It all ends with the sequel trilogy. But that doesn’t mean the current version of the sequel trilogy.”

B)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@carrrnuttt I've seen A. in several places as well, and there are more expansive theories (at least one quite intriguing) out there about how.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
A) There are genuine rumblings that Lucasfilm/Disney are going to abandon the storylines from the sequel trilogy and maybe relegate it to a different timeline.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021...alorian-tying-into-the-disney-sequel-trilogy/

B)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

B is interesting but still fan theory. That type of route does give Filoni an out through.

For A, that's all based off of rumors that a source is giving Doomcock. I'd seen his videos previously. Going by stuff he's put out over the last year and a half it looks like he does have a source at Lucasfilm that gives him info. It's not always accurate though. Basically what it's looked like to me is that Lucas/Disney is feeding him, and a couple others, some rumors as trial balloons to see how fans react.

I'd love to see this happen but I'm going to be surprised if it does. I just don't see Kennedy allowing it to happen as long as she's there. So we really need her faction to lose and be ousted. Fortunately they keep opening their mouths and saying stupid stuff. Hopefully the mouse is getting sick of the bad press.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would he kill me with a lightsaber? Because that might actually be worth it.

It's just really intriguing, and something I've only come to know in the past couple of weeks. The season finale of Mando was so awesome to me and it really blew everyone away. There are literally youtube videos of people reacting to the end of it, and they have tens of thousands of hits.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard rumblings of this from someone inside as well.

You think fans were pissed when they threw the extended universe into the trash? Oh...just wait if they try and do this. This is the best idea they can come up with? Lazy.

Look I know the new trilogy isn't perfect by any stretch but it would in essence throw out the swan song of Carrie, Mark and Harrison which despite everything would piss fans off even more IMO. Despite what some people think of the new trilogy it spawned insanely popular characters.

In the animation they sort of hinted this idea of a multi-verse but it was focused on time not alternate universes. The one part of the Thrawn trilogy story line could easily be explained why Luke never mentioned it in the new trilogy (twins, Mara). He hid them or she did. You know..the staple in Star Wars....history repeating itself.

Seems like this multiverse idea is a conveniently sloppy solution to say the least.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
You think fans were pissed when they threw the extended universe into the trash? Oh...just wait if they try and do this. Multi-verse in Star Wars is the best idea they can come up with?

Look I know the new trilogy isn't perfect by any stretch but it would in essence throw out the swan song of Carrie, Mark and Harrison' which despite everything would piss fans off even more IMO. Despite what some people think of the new trilogy it spawned insanely popular characters.

In the animation they sort of hinted this idea of a multi-verse but it was focused on time not alternate universes. The one part of the Thrawn trilogy story line could easily be explained why Luke never mentioned it in the new trilogy (twins, Mara).

Seems like a conveniently sloppy solution to say...yeah...different timeline.

It's not going to piss fans off except for the Reylo shippers. Most are pissed off at the way Luke, Leia, and Han were butchered in the Disney trilogy. We never even got a scene with all three of them back together. It was a travesty. The new trilogy didn't spawn insanely popular characters either. It was just the shippers. The non-existent merchandise sales showed that. Toys and everything tanked.

Unfortunately we've lost Carrie for anything new and Ford sounds like he's done playing Han. Mark seems like he's be down for new stuff though it it was along the lines of the OT and Mandalorian and not him playing Jake Skywalker again. There's also a rumor that there was a scene shot with the three mains together again that could be used in something going forward if true.

And I'd rather see them just decanonize the DT over going the multiverse route but there's probably no chance of that as long as Kennedy is around.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think fans would accept a redo, with good post-RotJ storytelling like what's going on in the Filoni/Favreau portion of the GFFA, with recastings of the big 3. We already have a Han who is serviceable. There is an already universally accepted replacement for Luke in Sebastian Stan. I know I would.

I actually liked TFA and RoS (TLJ was an abomination of stellar proportions).