Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hey, if you could engineer a way to get past a violent maelstrom of Force energy, you should be in charge of fixing the climate change problem in this country!

The rock needed some more examination. I might have had an off switch or a power plug on the back side!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually despite the usual Stormtrooper bad shooting (it's basically expected and accurate considering many troopers were probably conscripted by that time frame verses trained soldiers from birth like Mandalorians), they actually did hit Mando several times in that episode.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You certainly bring up very valid points, for sure (especially about the jet pack). I think Mando NOT panicking (in reference to your final sentence) fits his character. He's usually not one to be impulsive.

As for him grabbing 3 times, if he truly thinks of himself as a father, then he definitely would have kept trying to reach him. No question. And if that last time didn't incapacitate, he probably would have tried a 4th time. And a 5th, and a 6th. As a parent, I would expect nothing less.

It has been proven that Grogu has to be coerced to use his powers or when he feels cornered or in danger (basically using fear as a catalyst). If that continues, how do you think that would go? He's basically channeling the Dark Side right now. That would explain how they use him--plus it is apparent that even the smallest use of those powers tires him out, so why should he use them all the time? He isn't even trained. This can harken back to what Ahsoka said about not training him, and him maybe shouldn't be trained because his fear could lead to him becoming a powerful Sith. Ahsoka knows of Yoda, and knows how powerful he is, so it's understandable that she could be a bit scared of the same power but on the other side.

That said, I still think this episode was great.
Yeah I don’t have a problem with grogu’s use of powers in this one considering he lifted that giant rhinoceros in season 1.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucasfilm has announced two new Star Wars TV shows: Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic, and Star Wars: Ahsoka, both of which will be spinoffs from The Mandalorian. Both shows will be executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

The two shows will crossover with future seasons of The Mandalorian, and culminate in a “climactic story event.” Disney has yet to reveal much information on the two new projects, but Rosario Dawson is set to return to reprise her role as the live-action Ahsoka Tano for Ahsoka, which the company describes as a “limited series” that will be written by Filoni.

The two series are just several of the new Star Wars shows coming to Disney Plus in the future, along with Star Wars: Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: Lando, The Acolyte, the animated Clone Wars spin-off The Bad Batch, and the anime anthology Star Wars: Visions.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10...-the-new-republic-ahsoka-mandalorian-spinoffs

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Disney is killing it, they are attacking the streaming service--it's really a 2 horse race for #1 service between them and Netflix. Stock just hit an all time high today, despite the market overall dipping.

As long as they keep pumping out Star Wars and Marvel content fan boys like me will always fork over the money(I'm 48 but will always be a SW and Marvel nerd).

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Not grabbing the jet pack drove me crazy with the last episode. Even at the end, it didn’t show that he took it with him, even after his ship was destroyed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disney is killing it, they are attacking the streaming service--it's really a 2 horse race for #1 service between them and Netflix. Stock just hit an all time high today, despite the market overall dipping.

As long as they keep pumping out Star Wars and Marvel content fan boys like me will always fork over the money(I'm 48 but will always be a SW and Marvel nerd).
Me too. But they need a LOT more content. I don’t watch any shows on Disney+ other mandalorian whereas I’m constantly on hbomax netflix and prime

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Me too. But they need a LOT more content. I don’t watch any shows on Disney+ other mandalorian whereas I’m constantly on hbomax netflix and prime

I am right there with you although I do watch some of the National Geographic stuff as well. But with them adding 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel series I think there will be enough content to keep me happy moving forward even if it is a little bit in the future. I am hoping they eventually get the Marvel Netflix series that were cancelled, especially Daredevil...there’s been rumors of Charlie Cox returning to the role for a while now but nothing has been announced yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That finale was probably the best Star Wars we've seen since the rereleases of the original films back in the mid-90s.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ending and that end credit scene.

You must be registered for see images attach

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we talk about things without putting in spoiler stuff?

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Post credit ?! I missed it.

Awesome ending.

Also I want my Mountain bike frame made of that Mandolorian fancy steel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay... I slugged my way through Season 1 which got better toward the end.

season 2 has been ******* AMAZING.

I just finished episode 4 and literally exclaimed:

THRAWN!!!!!?!?!?!

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Okay... I slugged my way through Season 1 which got better toward the end.

season 2 has been ******* AMAZING.

I just finished episode 4 and literally exclaimed:

THRAWN!!!!!?!?!?!

It only gets better.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It only gets better.

IDK, I think E5 (I'm assuming this was the last one for cheese due to him saying Thrown) was the best of the season. E8 had a bigger moment but I don't think the overall episode was as good. I'd go E7 as #2 even though the Stormtrooper inconsistency drives me nuts.

Rumor is Robert Downey Jr. is slated to join season 4.

Was that for Mando? The rumor I saw on who he's said to play made me think it would be for the Ahsoka show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IDK, I think E5 (I'm assuming this was the last one for cheese due to him saying Thrown) was the best of the season. E8 had a bigger moment but I don't think the overall episode was as good. I'd go E7 as #2 even though the Stormtrooper inconsistency drives me nuts.

Was that for Mando? The rumor I saw on who he's said to play made me think it would be for the Ahsoka show.
They are saying for Mando because that’s the flagship show.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
They are saying for Mando because that’s the flagship show.

Interesting. It's possible he might be coming on as a different character then too. It's been feeling that they were trying to do an MCU type thing with season 2 where it let them create shows for the different guest characters and then down the line have an "avengers" event that brings everyone and everything together.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Man I'd be pretty excited to see RDJ and Favreau team up again. I'm not a Star Wars super fan, but Favreau/Filoni have drawn my interest in completely.