Star Wars Rebels (Disney XD)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars Rebels

You must be registered for see images attach

The series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. It takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to invoke the Bob Costas "Law of Averages" with this:

"According to the law of averages, if you have one foot in molten lava, and one foot in liquid nitrogen, you should be just fine."

molten lava=my excitement of a new Star Wars program
liquid nitrogen=the fact that it's another Disney cartoon for kids (a la Clone Wars)

My initial verdict?

Meh.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry Clone Wars was pretty damn good. The one thing I am going to piss and moan about is the fact it didn't get a proper ending because of the property changing ownership. In terms of this new one? It better be as good because many Star Wars fans of Clone Wars are still pissed off. LOL.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I am sorry Clone Wars was pretty damn good. The one thing I am going to piss and moan about is the fact it didn't get a proper :raccoon:ending because of the property changing ownership. In terms of this new one? It better be as good because many Star Wars fans of Clone Wars are still pissed off. LOL.

:thumb up:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

They have had both Billy Dee Williams (Lando) and James Earl Jones (Vader) come back to voice their animated characters. Pretty cool. There are also returning characters from the Clone Wars cartoon as well. Lucasfilm insists this is part of the new canon and overall this has been a good show.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I'm going to have to invoke the Bob Costas "Law of Averages" with this:

"According to the law of averages, if you have one foot in molten lava, and one foot in liquid nitrogen, you should be just fine."

molten lava=my excitement of a new Star Wars program
liquid nitrogen=the fact that it's another Disney cartoon for kids (a la Clone Wars)

My initial verdict?

Meh.

Could you imagine all the different sensations of that scenario. Flesh melting heat, bone freezing cold.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

They have had both Billy Dee Williams (Lando) and James Earl Jones (Vader) come back to voice their animated characters. Pretty cool. There are also returning characters from the Clone Wars cartoon as well. Lucasfilm insists this is part of the new canon and overall this has been a good show.

My kids and I watch it. It is pretty cool to hear their voices.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching this?

My son watches it. With the addition of Clone Wars characters it appears it's allowing some "closure" or continuation "light" of the previous series to appease fans.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Best part of the most recent episode was Vader sensing Ahsoka and saying, "The apprentice lives"

When those 2 finally face off it will be pretty cool.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had the first season on the DVR for a while now and we just started watching last week. The mrs and I like it a lot. The art is great and I'm a sucker for the classic voices and sound effects. Pleasantly surprised as we weren't expecting much to be honest.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thrawn is now canon again !! :cool:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrawn! One of my all time favorite Star Wars Book characters. Like you said CANON! Although I don't believe he was ever canon before was he? Just part of the Expanded Universe. There were several books about the period after ROTJ. TZ books were just one of them...although the best IMO at capturing the Star Wars feel.

In another piece of news.....TZ is writing a new book....Titled....THRAWN. So, I don't think this is a coincidence. I think they are bringing perhaps his new book as well into the official Canon. Perhaps a standalone movie?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am glad they brought Thrawn to canon, he was a decent character--a bit overblown by a large part of the EU crowd but a good character nonetheless. It will be interesting in the new Zahn book to see how much he retains from his original origin and how much of it is new.

I am hoping they kill him off eventually in Rebels (along with Ezra, Kanan and Maul) so there isn't that constant speculation of where they were during the original trilogy or even worse where they are now in the sequels.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am glad they brought Thrawn to canon, he was a decent character--a bit overblown by a large part of the EU crowd but a good character nonetheless. It will be interesting in the new Zahn book to see how much he retains from his original origin and how much of it is new.
Yeah..

But the bigger question is... Why the heck did Ezra get a hair cut??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson