Star Trek: Picard (Paramount+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every episode is better than the last. Episode 6 was off the charts.
This was nostalgia done right IMO. Just fantastic. My only complaint about that episode?

Where was Enterprise NCC-1701-D in that shipyard??! Maybe I missed it?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about that too. Wonder if that was a purposeful omission?
I think it was. I just rewatched that scene.

When they were in the ready room Geordi's daughter says "what about hanger bay 12?". That seems to indicate something is going on there. Working on a retrofit of Enterprise D? It would explain why it wasn't out there.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was. I just rewatched that scene.

When they were in the ready room Geordi's daughter says "what about hanger bay 12?". That seems to indicate something is going on there. Working on a retrofit of Enterprise D? It would explain why it wasn't out there.

Maybe that's where they were rebuilding the stardrive section which was destroyed in ST: Generations?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's where they were rebuilding the stardrive section which was destroyed in ST: Generations?
It would make sense and explain the omission.

By the way...LOVED seeing the Voyager there.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And since I just finished watching Deep Space Nine last year for the first time, the Defiant. I love all the callbacks to DS9 in this show.

I need to re-watch DS9 one of these days.

It's really too bad we lost René Auberjonois back in '19. He could have added another great twist to this storyline considering Odo's sacrifice was a big part of the DS9 finale.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to re-watch DS9 one of these days.

It's really too bad we lost René Auberjonois back in '19. He could have added another great twist to this storyline considering Odo's sacrifice was a big part of the DS9 finale.
I thought about that as well. I would love to see him mentioned in a meaningful way considering this storyline.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's definitely been referenced by Worf, but I don't think it was by name.
It was a vague reference. I would love to see something more substantial. Just have no clue what that would be considering the actors death in real life.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was a vague reference. I would love to see something more substantial. Just have no clue what that would be considering the actors death in real life.
Not really that vague. He talked about a "special" changeling that was his friend. There's no other one that could fit that description.

I do agree that it would would make sense to mention what happened to the character though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man...am i ever glad to see these positive reviews of season3..
Im right at the end of season 2 and that was one of the most horrendous seasons of television i have ever sat through.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not really that vague. He talked about a "special" changeling that was his friend. There's no other one that could fit that description.

I do agree that it would would make sense to mention what happened to the character though.
Wasnt Odo himself under the impression he may be one of the last of his kind? Not like changelings are common

Reaction score
This is better than Discovery and New Worlds by a mile IMO. Not that I don't enjoy those shows but this season of Picard has been fantastic. When Picard is done, the creative team around this season seriously needs to be given a license to branch off into something new.
I haven't watched any ST with Picard in it but I really loved Strange New Worlds & liked Discovery. I guess I'll have to check this out. Should I watch TNG first or can I just start from Season 1 ep 1 of Picard? I also love the original series btw.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I haven't watched any ST with Picard in it but I really loved Strange New Worlds & liked Discovery. I guess I'll have to check this out. Should I watch TNG first or can I just start from Season 1 ep 1 of Picard? I also love the original series btw.
You can just watch season 1, but they reference a lot of TNG in the show. So might not be as good for you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
all the "feels" are tied to TNG... if you had to pick only 1, I would watch TNG instead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all the "feels" are tied to TNG... if you had to pick only 1, I would watch TNG instead

Agreed.

@cardncubfan , bear in mind that ST:TNG starts off a little shaky, but really hits its stride in later seasons. And since it's "bingeable" now, you won't have to suffer through the insane cliffhangers in between seasons.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 9… OMG

It has been a long time since I felt this bad about having one more episode left. This is possibly the best TNG Trek ever done.

Goosebumps over the final 20 minutes. Just absolutely spectacular.
I guessed it correctly but wow what an episode. This is not only possibly the best TNG Trek ever done but some of the best Trek ever done…..PERIOD.

Many shows shoot for nostalgia. This will go down as the poster child for doing it right.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just fantastic. I really wish this could continue past this season but man, what a way to close out this book.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Although…

I did find it odd that Picard made a comment about the federation not having Borg contact in years. Doesn’t that completely ignore season 2?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although…

I did find it odd that Picard made a comment about the federation not having Borg contact in years. Doesn’t that completely ignore season 2?
I believe he is talking about the main collective not the faction he dealt with.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose