Star Trek: Picard (Paramount+)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Question, can I skip the crap that is seasons 1 and 2 and just move to season 3 (what SHOULD HAVE BEEN)? I know all of the TNG and the movies.

You'll miss the intros of some of the newer characters that are still around this season, and the first meeting between Seven of Nine and Jean-Luc, but so far, it doesn't seem like this season ties in a lot to the past seasons.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, can I skip the crap that is seasons 1 and 2 and just move to season 3 (what SHOULD HAVE BEEN)? I know all of the TNG and the movies.
Well you could. I enjoyed the first two seasons and there are some carry over characters. However, this season truly feels like the focus will be on TNG crew so not critical IMO.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Watch Red Letter Media's reviews instead. You'll get everything you need out of them and watching Rich and Mike melting down over it is more entertaining than the show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving this season so far. It's early, but this might be the most engaged I've been with ST in a long time.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving this season. For some reason, it just feels like "home" with all the characters.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide if I should subscribe to paramount now or wait until the entire season is released so I can binge.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide if I should subscribe to paramount now or wait until the entire season is released so I can binge.

If you haven't seen any of the earlier seasons, you might be able to time it so you're caught up by the time the last episode of this season airs. I wish I had the patience to wait until they were all uploaded, but I don't. Ah well.

I don't know how dedicated you are, but you might even be able to fit your Picard binge all inside the one month preview period.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Just a note that if you happen to have TMobile for your phone that you can get a free year through them.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
If you haven't seen any of the earlier seasons, you might be able to time it so you're caught up by the time the last episode of this season airs. I wish I had the patience to wait until they were all uploaded, but I don't. Ah well.

I don't know how dedicated you are, but you might even be able to fit your Picard binge all inside the one month preview period.
I’ve seen the previous seasons. I tend to wait until they all come out so I can subscribe just for a month and then cancel. This season I’m pretty excited for so it’s making it hard to wait.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen the previous seasons. I tend to wait until they all come out so I can subscribe just for a month and then cancel. This season I’m pretty excited for so it’s making it hard to wait.

Understood.

I think there are 10 episodes this season and the last airs April 20th. That means a late March sub would get you through this season inside 30 days or however they calculate the cutoff.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is absolutely blowing my mind. Some of the best Trek I have ever seen through 4 episodes. Wow.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Ive done something I haven't done with any other 2008+ Trek and that is actually want to watch the episodes again. While its still not the Trek I enjoyed many years ago, its the closest I will probably get.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Couldn’t wait to binge it so I started episode one. Fantastic. Thats the trek I miss.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is easily the best Star Trek in YEARS. Unbelievable how much the quality has improved. Every episode has been fantastic.
This is better than Discovery and New Worlds by a mile IMO. Not that I don't enjoy those shows but this season of Picard has been fantastic. When Picard is done, the creative team around this season seriously needs to be given a license to branch off into something new.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is easily the best Star Trek in YEARS. Unbelievable how much the quality has improved. Every episode has been fantastic.
It's amazing what happens when you dump an idiot like Kurtzman and bring in a show runner that respects the franchise and the fans. Switching to Matalas was what the franchise and all of us wanted/needed. Hopefully they give him another series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing what happens when you dump an idiot like Kurtzman and bring in a show runner that respects the franchise and the fans. Switching to Matalas was what the franchise and all of us wanted/needed. Hopefully they give him another series.
I thought it was Chabon in Season 1 and Akiva Goldsman in Season 2.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I thought it was Chabon in Season 1 and Akiva Goldsman in Season 2.
They were the runners but still under Kurtzman and they're his guys. They're all from the JarJar tree. This season he's executive producer in name only and it's all on Matalas.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were the runners but still under Kurtzman and they're his guys. They're all from the JarJar tree. This season he's executive producer in name only and it's all on Matalas.
From what I read story direction was decided by Chabon and Goldsmith S1 and 2.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't be able to do something this good this late in the game, but here we are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave