Star Trek Into Darkness (aka Star Trek XII)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that didn't seem to be the case at all to me.

Really? I took it immediately as he was seeing elevated levels of stress and anger etc. If you remember in the hanger prior to that scene Bones specifically asked if he was OK and when he answered yes he stated the hell you are. I never thought he was talking about anything other than his mental state manifesting itself.

I guess that goes to show multiple people can watch the same thing and see something two different ways.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I liked it, except for the ending. Seemed to obvious with the Kirk stuff.

Laughed out loud at Spock yelling that infamous line.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it, except for the ending. Seemed to obvious with the Kirk stuff.

Laughed out loud at Spock yelling that infamous line.

And I laughed out loud when Ryan O'Neal said "Love means never having to say you're sorry". Unfortunately I was sitting in the Scottsdale Kachina Theater surrounded by several hundred weeping females. I hope your inappropriate laughter played better than mine did.

Steve

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I laughed out loud when Ryan O'Neal said "Love means never having to say you're sorry". Unfortunately I was sitting in the Scottsdale Kachina Theater surrounded by several hundred weeping females. I hope your inappropriate laughter played better than mine did.

Steve

And you made it out of the theater unscathed?!?!?! :jawdrop:

;)

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Steve

Wasn't it Ali McGraw that said that?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it Ali McGraw that said that?

Ali said it to him early in the movie and then at the end, after her passing, there's a highly sentimental moment where Ryan repeats it to his father.

Plus, he uses that line again at the end of a movie he made with Barbra Streisand, What's Up Doc. She replies something like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" which was my take on it in the first place.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Ali said it to him early in the movie and then at the end, after her passing, there's a highly sentimental moment where Ryan repeats it to his father.

Plus, he uses that line again at the end of a movie he made with Barbra Streisand, What's Up Doc. She replies something like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" which was my take on it in the first place.

Steve

Ah. This is where having seen the movie would have probably been a good idea. All I've seen is that scene when she says it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. This is where having seen the movie would have probably been a good idea. All I've seen is that scene when she says it.

If I could do it all over again, I'd have rather seen the Reader's Digest version myself. It was a chick movie on estrogen.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I could do it all over again, I'd have rather seen the Reader's Digest version myself. It was a chick flick on estrogen.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
If I could do it all over again, I'd have rather seen the Reader's Digest version myself. It was a chick flick on estrogen.

Steve

Being the Man-***** that I am, if it meant getting some action I'd watch it once a day, and twice on Sundays if necessary.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being the Man-***** that I am, if it meant getting some action I'd watch it once a day, and twice on Sundays if necessary.
Great story. Compelling and rich. More memorable than this Star Trek movie. I didn't mind it, but it was not really a memorable movie.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

Steve

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently watched. I wasn't a Star Trek fan growing up, so this was basically just a fun action flick to me.

It was fine. Cumberpatch was good.

Haha, this pretty much sums it up for me to. But exchange "fine" with "fun" and "good" with "awesome".

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I recently watched. I wasn't a Star Trek fan growing up, so this was basically just a fun action flick to me.
That's what all the new Star Trek's are. Fun action flicks with little to no resemblance to the philosophy of Star Trek.