Star Trek 4 (ST:XIV)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Hemsworth & Chris Pine Will 'Cross Paths' in 'Star Trek 4'

http://www.moviefone.com/2016/07/18/chris-hemsworth-chris-pine-will-cross-paths-in-star-trek-4/

Just call this one "Star Trek Daddy Issues."

Paramount just announced plans for "Star Trek 4," to continue the reboot franchise that started in 2009, followed with 2013's "Star Trek Into Darkness," and now features Chris Pine's return as James T. Kirk in July 22's "Star Trek Beyond."

Collider shared the official logline for "Star Trek 4":

In the next installment of the epic space adventure, Chris Pine's Captain Kirk will cross paths with a man he never had a chance to meet, but whose legacy has haunted him since the day he was born: his father.

It's the first Kirk + Kirk meeting! Or will it be Kirk vs. Kirk? Chris Hemsworth had a cameo in the 2009 "Star Trek" reboot as George Kirk, father of James T. Kirk, who died before Dad could meet his newborn son. (Question: Will Jennifer Morrison return as James T.'s mother, Winona Kirk?)

Collider added that J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will write the "Star Trek 4" script, with J.J. Abrams and Lindsey Weber producing through Bad Robot Productions. "Star Trek Beyond" was written by Simon Pegg (who also plays Scotty) and Doug Jung.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As absolutely ridiculous as it sounds, i'm more interested in Tarantino's Star Trek at this point if it ever happens. It's believed to be cast with the same reboot actors...which at this point(for me) is the only thing left i find interesting about this franchise.

The core characters/actors are solid and getting better but IMO...

ST was good but the plot was convoluted by resetting the timeline...and there had to be a villain.

ST Darkness was okay but was a rehashed plot even after resetting the timeline...and there had to be a villain.

ST Beyond was beyond uninteresting...and there had to be a villain.

ST IV. More time travel? They'll probably just bring back Nero and the Kirks will destroy him so daddy lives and we'll have a prime Kirk do a spin off on TV. Snooze. Not interested.

The characters are great. The writing sucks. Unimaginative.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As absolutely ridiculous as it sounds, i'm more interested in Tarantino's Star Trek at this point if it ever happens. It's believed to be cast with the same reboot actors...which at this point(for me) is the only thing left i find interesting about this franchise.

The core characters/actors are solid and getting better but IMO...

ST was good but the plot was convoluted by resetting the timeline...and there had to be a villain.

ST Darkness was okay but was a rehashed plot even after resetting the timeline...and there had to be a villain.

ST Beyond was beyond uninteresting...and there had to be a villain.

ST IV. More time travel? They'll probably just bring back Nero and the Kirks will destroy him so daddy lives and we'll have a prime Kirk do a spin off on TV. Snooze. Not interested.

The characters are great. The writing sucks. Unimaginative.

I liked the time spin on the original strictly because it released them from canon which in my opinion helps with the creativity involved in writing.

in the terentino version....so,...what?? Is everybody gonna be a redshirt?? How will that work exactly?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Bigger news is Patrick Stewart coming back as Picard in a TV series for CBS All Access.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I liked the time spin on the original strictly because it released them from canon which in my opinion helps with the creativity involved in writing.
I liked the idea of the old canon and either creating new untold stories or even remaking some of the better ones. It bothered me at first but i got over it...until the writers turned right around and re-used an old story immediately in the next film that had already been done in TOS and in TOS films. Kahn with a lazy twist, lol.

in the terentino version....so,...what?? Is everybody gonna be a redshirt?? How will that work exactly?
There are some tidbits out there but here's him discussing it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Still won't watch it. Smart move on CBS' part, but it's still an idiotic ripoff, their streaming service.

Oh I agree. It doesn’t move the needle enough for me to pay for the service. Netflix in the UK was able to pick up the rights to stream Discovery so I’m hoping something similar happens in the states.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I don’t get the thread title. Is it 4 or XIV?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the thread title. Is it 4 or XIV?

This is the fourth of the "reboots" with the new(est) cast. Fourteen is the total number of motion pictures by the franchise.

Surely you were briefed on the trip here from your home planet. :yoda:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
This is the fourth of the "reboots" with the new(est) cast. Fourteen is the total number of motion pictures by the franchise.

Surely you were briefed on the trip here from your home planet. :yoda:

I didn’t know. SpaceCox is slow af, too.

Thank you for the edumacation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort