St. Vincent

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
St. Vincent

Release Date: October 10, 2014 (limited; wide: Oct. 24)
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Director: Ted Melfi
Screenwriter: Ted Melfi
Genre: Comedy, Drama
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for mature thematic material including sexual content, alcohol and tobacco use, and for language)

Starring: Bill Murray, Melissa McCarthy, Chris O'Dowd, Naomi Watts, Jaeden Lieberher

Plot Summary: In "St. Vincent," Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent (Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the stops that make up his daily routine – the race track, a strip club, and the local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a misunderstood man with a good heart.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was fantastic. I usually can't stand Melissa McCarthy, but she did well here. The movie doesn't work without Murray, IMO, but the kid nailed it too.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Watched it this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Solid story. Murray, McCarthy, the kid and the hooker were all fantastic. Would recommend it...

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife and I actually saw this while it was still in the theaters. We loved it, of course Bill Murray can make me laugh without even saying or doing anything, so I am kind of biased.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was fantastic. I usually can't stand Melissa McCarthy, but she did well here. The movie doesn't work without Murray, IMO, but the kid nailed it too.

My kids and I loved this movie.

Murray was outstanding.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Very well done. I love movies like this. A little predictable, but that's ok. It's impressive that this was Theodore Melfi's first film as director.

Don't forget Naomi Watts. She was great too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort