St.Louis Cardinals @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 07/24/23-07/26/23

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
No Corbin Carroll in the lineup? What's up with that? Can't afford to have him out of the lineup unless he's injured or really needs a day off - particularly when the team is trying to break out of this awful slump since the ASB.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our doofus manager still has Thomas batting behind Ahmed and Kelly so literally no one will be on base when he gets a hit.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lookin like another loss ehhhhhh

Changes better be made in offseason managment players showin little talent when poffs online

Whatever dbacks :(

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Someone said we have 18 blown saves and I think we have 25 saves. Not a great ratio. But not that far off from most teams. With a real closer and another bullpen arm we could compete with the best bullpen

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looked bleak early glad offense woke up bit

Finally good job by b pen 420 green dream kush to that :)

Have a gn all cards suns dbacks fans

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that we have blown 18 saves and it's sorta middling is the impact of the pitch clock and all the rules that favored base runners.

I mean the leading blown saves leader in all of baseball is Emmanuel Clase, basically the best young closer in baseball.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I started this deep dive on the bullpen with the intent of displaying evidence of a historic amount of bullpen suck

Then I found out it's like 10th in the current season.

My preconceptions are frequently wrong

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
We werent in the top 10 at the all star break so it's just a week to week flux in that range

The top 5 are like 10 above us.
Not quite. Cards now have 24, so just AZ is just 6 out of the lead.

AZ is at 58% success. The good teams are 70+.
If AZ was at 70% they would have 5-6 more wins and leading the division.

You must be registered for see images attach

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Big day game today. Must win this series. Hoping for the exceptional Gallen. Plus, I think Corbin Carroll will be back in the lineup. Go DBacks!

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I mean that's my point. We aren't the worst by far. The manager is a giant issue by now
Torrey's issue is with how he sets the lineup, by not always playing his best 9 and also leaving starters out to long and allowing big innings. When it comes to the bullpen, yes they are bad. Not sure how you think they aren't the worst "by far"...it's not a huge gap between AZ and the absolute worst in St. Louis. They are awful...but honestly, this is where I don't fault Torrey as much. When you look at the bullpen metrics, there are several relievers with multiple blown saves...Torrey really doesn't have anyone he can count on. It's all a crapshoot. The pen is made up of journeymen and specialty relievers. Guys like Chaffin are a liability, with the 3 batter rule. Torrey needs at least 2 guys who he can count on to get 1-2 innings of clean relief and a stopper to close games. IMO, if they can get a decent 3rd starter, Davies can be a 1-2 inning guy in the bullpen. That's usually what he's good for when starting. Get another solid reliever and a closer and I think a ton of issues are solved. Adding a bat would just be a luxury, since they really don't have issues scoring runs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard