Spurs aka Sterns Aka Flops Aka Cheats here we come..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
this will be the biggest playoff series during the entire playoffs no doubt about it..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no series in the first round will be "the biggest series in the entire playoffs."

blowing that Dallas game and no-showing against Houston killed this season. I'm hoping against hope that I'm wrong here, but I don't see anything but a 6 game loss and a ridiculous amount of crying about how we were robbed by the refs, stern and even God himself afterward.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
no series in the first round will be "the biggest series in the entire playoffs."

blowing that Dallas game and no-showing against Houston killed this season. I'm hoping against hope that I'm wrong here, but I don't see anything but a 6 game loss and a ridiculous amount of crying about how we were robbed by the refs, stern and even God himself afterward.

Wow we haven't even played Game 1 and you're already negative nancy.

May I remind you we are 3-1 against them this season.

We know how to play them. Timmy chokes when he sees Shaq.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The more I think about it, I actually think we can win the series as everyone will be jacked up and ready as this is the revenge series. The reason shaq was brought here.

But guess what, we win this and all it gets us to is the second round! We are physically and emotionally drained and lose to N.O. in 6. If dallas wins maybe we get by them, but then of course lose to the lakers.

I mean seriously the only question is not if but when we get dropped. If we had houston, at least we only had to win 3 serieses, that's why last week was such a disaster.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just to put in perspective, for us to win the title this year we'll likely have to go through the toughest road of any champion in history.

Does anybody think we are playing at a level to do that?

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Just to put in perspective, for us to win the title this year we'll likely have to go through the toughest road of any champion in history.

To be honest, I don't think so, atleast not yet.

Suns can get to Western conference finals, but not finish it off imo.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

it can happen..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow we haven't even played Game 1 and you're already negative nancy.

May I remind you we are 3-1 against them this season.

We know how to play them. Timmy chokes when he sees Shaq.

honestly, if it were any other time in the playoffs or we had homecourt, I'd give us a much better shot and actually expect us to win because I think as the playoffs go on, that Spurs team is gonna get worn down. However, getting them at their absolute freshest, on the road was the worst possible scenario to me.

As far as our 3-1 record against them, I don't care what we did during the regular season, the Spurs ALWAYS turn it up a notch in the playoffs, while we haven't seen this team be able to do the same. Like I said, I'm PRAYING to be wrong and a Game 1 victory will probably completely change my mind, but I just can't stomach the thought of us going down 0-1 against those guys again, with Game 2 also being in SA.

You can call me a negative nancy all you want. I won't even take offense to it. I just don't like the circumstances of this matchup.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup. we're basically going to have to pull a 1995 Rockets-run. i don't see it.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
obviously you haven't seen angels in the outfield or major league

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
If only Sacramento had somehow hung on and won that game Monday night against the Spurs. Then we would have the #3 seed and play at home against San Antonio.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why dont you believe in your team?

because I think it's a bad matchup for us under the circumstances. Now if you called me a pessimitic fan, I'd agree with you there (and did above to someone who called me a negative nancy), but just because I'm pessimistic, that means I'm not a good fan? Sounds like something someone says because he likes starting fights on the internet and I'm not really interested in doing that, so whatever....

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
I bet spurstalk.com is freaking out now that they definitely have to play us. HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If only Sacramento had somehow hung on and won that game Monday night against the Spurs. Then we would have the #3 seed and play at home against San Antonio.

ironically enough i'd rather not have home court. there is no way in hell we win both games at home, have we ever done that in a big series these past 4 years?
basically you're up against it then in games 4 and 5.

now the pressure is on them to win both home games. the series doesn't start until the home team loses a game and they have to defend first.

homecourt will only matter in game 7.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
suns have a good chance at winning it all as anyone bring on the sterns :) Nice tank job jazz...

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I bet spurstalk.com is freaking out now that they definitely have to play us. HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I'm sure they can't believe they have to play the team who they've beat on the way to their last two titles?

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Cheese that the complaining about refs/spurs/stern around here is amazingly stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and if we had just hung on to a 13 point lead against Dallas, we would have had the #3 seed as well... or would we have, yeah, we'd have the 3 seed, assuming we continued beating the Blazers. Man, what a huge loss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure they can't believe they have to play the team who they've beat on the way to their last two titles?

with homecourt, no less.

here's a little perspective for all the Suns fans who now think we own the Spurs and that Spurs fans are quaking in their boots. If we were to play the Lakers, would you be quaking in your boots even though they owned us this season (beating us twice on our home-floor)? I doubt it judging from everything I read on this board, so why should Spurs fans feel any different?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard