Sports illustrated draft

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Ok a brand new twist set down for this if you please They Project a trade with the Giants who take Murray at 1 we take Jonah Williams with 6 and at 17 Brown fro OU plus we get at 2020 3rd and 4th What say You I'm kinda on the fence bout this one but like the idea of Oline and Wr in Round 1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wouldnt hate it but it is a shame to completely miss out on the defensive talent at the top of the draft... but I like Jonah

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would prefer go defense with the #6 pick. IMO Williams is a reach there. He could be there at #17 or OT Dillard which would be fine and get a good WR at #33. The defense players are just too good to pass over at #6.

OP
OP
D

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I would prefer go defense with the #6 pick. IMO Williams is a reach there. He could be there at #17 or OT Dillard which would be fine and get a good WR at #33. The defense players are just too good to pass over at #6.
A lot more flexibly for sure which is what I really Like a lot

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok a brand new twist set down for this if you please They Project a trade with the Giants who take Murray at 1 we take Jonah Williams with 6 and at 17 Brown fro OU plus we get at 2020 3rd and 4th What say You I'm kinda on the fence bout this one but like the idea of Oline and Wr in Round 1
- We drop from #1 to #6 and draft J Williams instead of Q Williams or Bosa.

- We use the #17 on M Brown

- We get a couple of 2020 mid-round picks.

Please no.

J Williams is this year's version of Levi Brown. ( Q Williams and Bosa are considered Top 3 or 4 players).

I like M Brown but we can get one or more quality receivers in Round 2 or later.

Time is money - Two mid-round picks next year can be used as trade currency this year but otherwise won't help us this year when we need it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would also think you should get some higher picks in 2020 than a 3rd and 4th rounder. You got to get at least another first. Just my two cents.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So 6,17 2020 3rd and 4th for #1

Hmmmm I think I’d do that.i like Kyler Murray but this ain’t Andrew Luck here. I don’t want Jonah at 6 though

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If we are not getting one of the big 3 or 4 then hell we should trade back again to say 10-15 and pick up another mid 2nd, which we could also simply use to jump back in the 1st at around pick 20. Thus we have roughly 12, 17, and 20. That's 3 nice starters beating even Raiders picks.

1-12. Oliver or Cody Ford
1-17. DT in Lawrence, Wilkens, Simmons, or edge/lb in Burns, or Ximines or a top CB

2-1. WR or TE - Brown, Metcalf, Brown, or Butler
2-20 2nd WR or TE

If we haven't taken 2 wrs yet, I would consider Ridley between R 3or 4 even if by using a 5 &/or both 6s to move up for him.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jonah Williams isnt a bad player. Hes actually probably thr best O line in the draft. I like Taylor more, since he solidly has tackle attributes, but if you are talking the most decorated and most proven OL in the draft, then that is Williams.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Im good with this. Im higher on JW then most i think though. I believe he is the best O lineman in the draft and would be our LT for years to come, despite having shorter arms than you would like. He was great in college

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im good with this. Im higher on JW then most i think though. I believe he is the best O lineman in the draft and would be our LT for years to come, despite having shorter arms than you would like. He was great in college

So was Kyler Murray.

;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we had a new GM who I trusted, MAYBE I'd do that, but I have absolutely ZERO confidence in Keim to make good picks at 6 and 17.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jonah Williams isnt a bad player.

I think of Jonah Williams like i think of offensive tackles from Iowa: they start at tackle in the NFL, struggle, and then move to guard and are really good.

its not a bad thing, but i just hate using a top 10 pick on a guard not named/like Quentin Nelson

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like brown, but I would rather take Fant at that position in the draft. A good wr will be there at 33.

But I would rather just take Murray.

OP
OP
D

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I think of Jonah Williams like i think of offensive tackles from Iowa: they start at tackle in the NFL, struggle, and then move to guard and are really good.

its not a bad thing, but i just hate using a top 10 pick on a guard not named/like Quentin Nelson
I'm thinking Jonah is kinda a player that could play inside and out Remember our starting tackles haven't been the most durable Ever in fact the whole line you could say that about Williams could fill in for Humphreys when he gets hurt or the same if Gilbert goes down or Pugh till a spot becomes available next year when Hump most likely leaves now about that 6pick White could be there but much more likely Oliver will be which Really would not be to much a step down from Q IMHO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If we had a new GM who I trusted, MAYBE I'd do that, but I have absolutely ZERO confidence in Keim to make good picks at 6 and 17.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen