Speculation - Washington to be suspended again in 2014

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least we get him back for the remainder of the year.. :bang:

Per Adam Schefter.

Washington is facing another multiple-game suspension in 2014, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The suspension would stem from charges of an alleged domestic incident with an ex-girlfriend last May in which he was accused of breaking her collarbone.

The case still is in the courts and is not expected to be resolved this season, another source told Schefter. Washington's next court date is Oct. 9 for a pretrial conference.

Once the case is resolved, more discipline is expected for Washington next season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...rizona-cardinals-come-suspension-another-loom

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pure speculation by Schefter. We don't know how the outcome of the case will be or what the Commissioner will do.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too early to even say that at this point. That's assuming he's found guilty.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he's found guilty, he can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. sad to see that kind of talent go, but a guy who uses drugs (and is stupid enough to get caught) AND beats women has no place on a team that I root for.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he's found guilty, he can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. sad to see that kind of talent go, but a guy who uses drugs (and is stupid enough to get caught) AND beats women has no place on a team that I root for.

I'm sure youde probably have a hard time rooting for any team in the league then I would imagine! Too much thuggery throughout. Washington just got caught.

seesred

Reaction score
We were not there. We don't know what happened. Let's not find him guilty until a decision is made.

GBR

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure youde probably have a hard time rooting for any team in the league then I would imagine! Too much thuggery throughout. Washington just got caught.

getting caught with drugs is one thing. beating a woman is another. not every team has women beaters Shane.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The drug thing is not half as bad, but I agree if he beat anyone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
getting caught with drugs is one thing. beating a woman is another. not every team has women beaters Shane.

If there was anyway to prove it I would bet there is a much larger % of woman beaters in the nfl than you would like to believe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was anyway to prove it I would bet there is a much larger % of woman beaters in the nfl than you would like to believe.

that's great. doesn't change the fact that a) I don't want to root for guy who does it and b) IF he's stupid enough to hurt a woman, he also continues to put the team at a disadvantage if he's guilty and suspended again.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With your such high moral compass I think you should probably not watch football altogether. :D

No in all seriousness I concur that hitting women is an egregious act and sickening. But I have been around it so often to know that women can be super scandalous. Even if convicted Im not so sure he's actually guilty of anything. Seen too much crap and too many women who know how to work the system under the guise of domestic abuse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With your such high moral compass I think you should probably not watch football altogether. :D

jesus Shane. even in jest, this is annoying. excuse me for not wanting cheer people who hurt women and hurt our team. give it a rest.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
His court date is set for November 19th. I'll choose to worry about it then. In the mean time, it's "he said, she said." In addition, as far as we know, he's been on his best behavior since the allegations began a while back.

I'm just glad he's back with the team. Defense should see a marked improvement, particularly in pass coverage.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No in all seriousness I concur that hitting women is an egregious act and sickening. But I have been around it so often to know that women can be super scandalous. Even if convicted Im not so sure he's actually guilty of anything. Seen too much crap and too many women who know how to work the system under the guise of domestic abuse.

And I've seen enough abuse of women to know that not all are scandalous. Not to mention that there have been enough hot headed athletes who's abused women. If this was your sister or mother you'd think differently.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His court date is set for November 19th. I'll choose to worry about it then. In the mean time, it's "he said, she said." In addition, as far as we know, he's been on his best behavior since the allegations began a while back.

I'm just glad he's back with the team. Defense should see a marked improvement, particularly in pass coverage.
She suffered a broken collarbone. That makes it a little more than a 'he said/she said' thing. It's amazing how some of you are putting a stupid game ahead of the fact that someone beat up a woman.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
She suffered a broken collarbone. That makes it a little more than a 'he said/she said' thing. It's amazing how some of you are putting a stupid game ahead of the fact that someone beat up a woman.

Yeah. If he is proven to be guilty, he deserves whatever he gets. I will let the justice system run it's course, but it does not look good.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Glad you already have the verdict in months before the trial, Judge NJ. :rolleyes:

Unlike you, I'll wait until the facts are disseminated during the actual trial (or a settlement is reached). As it stands, irrespective of the sustained injuries, it's "he said/she said," or Washington would have pled "guilty" or taken a deal.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Glad you already have the verdict in months before the trial, Judge NJ. :rolleyes:

Unlike you, I'll wait until the facts are disseminated during the actual trial (or a settlement is reached). As it stands, irrespective of the sustained injuries, it's "he said/she said," or Washington would have pled "guilty" or taken a deal.
:

TJ's right-----the time and place for this to be decided is during the actual court appearances. The last thing we need is a trial decided by the media, or on this board. Until then, the less attention given to it in public, the better for all parties concerned.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jesus Shane. even in jest, this is annoying. excuse me for not wanting cheer people who hurt women and hurt our team. give it a rest.

Smiley for a reason! Lighten up dude! If having Washington on the team ever gets the Cards to the SB I'll take it. Guilty or not. To many thugs in the NFL for me to worry about who does what or when. I respect your opinion though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I've seen enough abuse of women to know that not all are scandalous. Not to mention that there have been enough hot headed athletes who's abused women. If this was your sister or mother you'd think differently.

No I really wouldn't. You clearly don't know my relationship with my sister. She precisely the type of scandalous woman in referring to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard