Some luv for Adrian Wilson

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
With the advent of drafting Isiah Simmons, Adrian Wilson has been brought up in the discussion. Now let's get this straight, Adrian Wilson was a strong safety which could play LB in a pseudo role on occasion and Simmons is an athletic freak with a bigger frame who's a LB who can rotate to safety on a given occasion. There are not many athletes like Simmons out there and he should not be pigeon holed due to his ability under the same criteria you judge what makes a LB
The reason I am posting this is that during the discussion, people seemed to be inferring that A-dub could not cover. Granted, early on he had his issues but in his prime he was more than adapt at coverage and frankly Budda is not close to his coverage skills yet

Salute A-dub... you are a Cardinals great :cards:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We Really have never saw a athlete like Simmons before that I can remember but absolutely A Dub needs to be recognized as a all Cardinals Great that's worthy of recognition and credit we as fans can lay at his feet

Julius Peppers comes to mind, but he was a monster 4-3 DE who could’ve played Off-ball linebacker in the NFL.

Thomas Davis was a guy who played off-ball LB and Safety in college. ADub was such a sick blitzer that many here would argue that he should be moved to Edge—which remains a silly concept.

ADub was an evolutionary box safety who analytics loved but never got the credit he deserved because he languished on some bad teams.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
With the advent of drafting Isiah Simmons, Adrian Wilson has been brought up in the discussion. Now let's get this straight, Adrian Wilson was a strong safety which could play LB in a pseudo role on occasion and Simmons is an athletic freak with a bigger frame who's a LB who can rotate to safety on a given occasion. There are not many athletes like Simmons out there and he should not be pigeon holed due to his ability under the same criteria you judge what makes a LB
The reason I am posting this is that during the discussion, people seemed to be inferring that A-dub could not cover. Granted, early on he had his issues but in his prime he was more than adapt at coverage and frankly Budda is not close to his coverage skills yet

Salute A-dub... you are a Cardinals great :cards:
I loved A-Dub, but to suggest he ever became adept at coverage is a stretch. He was always there to make the tackle AFTER the catch, but I don’t recall a lot of pass break-ups. He will always be one of my favorite Cardinals players though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
25/25

Those 25 ints suggest he could cover juuuust a little bit.

I always felt he was hall of fame worthy. You take him as he was same exact player and put him with the Steelers or Cowboys same stats same everything and forget about it but he was a cardinal so no one ever talks about him

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I loved A-Dub, but to suggest he ever became adept at coverage is a stretch. He was always there to make the tackle AFTER the catch, but I don’t recall a lot of pass break-ups. He will always be one of my favorite Cardinals players though.

There were some tough-to-watch moments in coverage near the end but that’s probably true with everyone.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adub was all flash and no cash

Kam Chancellor was a much better big safety tbh

Too Funny!

Chancellor was part of one of the best NFL defensive backfields and the third-best member.

In his 8 year career, he had 2 sacks and 12 interceptions, 608 total tackles, 10 forced fumbles, 17 TFL

In his first 8 years, Wilson had 18.5 sacks and 18 interceptions, 613 total tackles, 11 forced fumbles, 51 TFL.

In his waning last 4 years, Wilson had 9 sacks, 9 interceptions, 281 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 30 TFL

Place Wilson in Seattle and he's in the HOF.

Chancellor won't get a sniff!

Last edited:

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Too Funny!

Chancellor was part of one of the best NFL defensive backfields and the third-best member.

In his 8 year career, he had 2 sacks and 12 interceptions, 608 total tackles.

In his first 8 years, Wilson had 18.5 sacks and 18 interceptions, 613 total tackles.

Place Wilson in Seattle and he's in the HOF.

Chancellor won't get a sniff!

Different schemes create different stats LMAO.

All i know is Vernon Davis destroyed Adrian Wilson every game and Kam Chancellor ended his career.

I'll also never forget Kam destroying Eric Winston and Mike Iupati. Guy was a monster.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Chancellor benefited from a dominate defense around him.

Put vintage Adub in that defense and I think you would change your mind.

Also, Chancellor was always like the fourth- or fifth-best player on those defenses. ADub was usually the first or second.

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would say that. Especially on this board.

Especially when they are also that wrong.

I'm pretty sure he is the same dude that was banned a while back. He posted about bringing D-Wash back & was trolling other members.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

All i know is Vernon Davis destroyed Adrian Wilson every game and Kam Chancellor ended his career.

I'll also never forget Kam destroying Eric Winston and Mike Iupati. Guy was a monster.

Hell Vernon killed a lot of people. The dude was damned near unstoppable once he turned the corner. I refuse to have aspersions cast on A-Dub over that.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is April troll season? Chancellor tried to mold his career on AW, and I'm pretty sure injuring someone is not the best measure of play quality.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27 interceptions in 12 years as a safety.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, he got a hard hit on a player and that made him a better safety. Got it. You should work in the front office.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
27 interceptions in 12 years as a safety.
that’s an average of about two interceptions per season. Not really that impressed by those numbers. Please don’t misunderstand, he was one of my favorite Cardinals players of all time, I just don’t think he was that great in coverage.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s an average of about two interceptions per season. Not really that impressed by those numbers. Please don’t misunderstand, he was one of my favorite Cardinals players of all time, I just don’t think he was that great in coverage.

his coverage was average at worst. He excelled in hitting, tackling, blitzing and more. I dont think anyone is claiming he was a top cover safety in the nfl but he was adequate at that and excelled in other areas. He also played SS so more of a box safety than a free roaming FS that will have more opportunity for interceptions.