So, exactly what is the standard for Whiz & DA?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget all the stats like QB Ratings, Pass Percentage, Yards per Attempt, Yards per Completion....

Here is the only stat that matters:

Since 2008, teams that win the turnover battle are 340-96-1. That’s a winning percentage of 78%.

You are fooling yourself if you think we are winning more than 6 games with a turnover machine like Anderson at QB.

Thats what we all though with the fumbling machine we had in Warner back before 2008 too. Whiz turned him around. Who knows he may do it hear. However Im not holding my breath. :)

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Thats what we all though with the fumbling machine we had in Warner back before 2008 too. Whiz turned him around. Who knows he may do it hear. However Im not holding my breath. :)

In Whiz's Gloves of Accuracy we must trust!!!

:thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget all the stats like QB Ratings, Pass Percentage, Yards per Attempt, Yards per Completion....

Here is the only stat that matters:

Since 2008, teams that win the turnover battle are 340-96-1. That’s a winning percentage of 78%.

You are fooling yourself if you think we are winning more than 6 games with a turnover machine like Anderson at QB.
I will take the over.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:mulli:

Thx for the heads up

LOL sorry. I am up Friday through Monday if you want to hang out :)

I think you still have my number. Honestly I can't wait to watch some games that mean something (college).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL sorry. I am up Friday through Monday if you want to hang out :)

I think you still have my number. Honestly I can't wait to watch some games that mean something (college).

I have literally tried calling you on that # like 15 times and it just went right to voicemail. I PMed Jersey and she told me that # was no longer good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it though? Frank Gore + the spread offense was mediocre at best last year. You think this has really changed?

no... but I think mediocre at best was gonna be a hell of a lot better than complete crap (which is what I expected with Matt... and expect from DA).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have literally tried calling you on that # like 15 times and it just went right to voicemail. I PMed Jersey and she told me that # was no longer good.

Sent you the updated one. I went to just the work phone. I hated being the douche in Scottsdale with two phones. Now I am just the douche in Scottsdale. :D

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no we don't. Without Kurt, we had no idea if Matt would have been as mediocre as Alex Smith... the Niners running game is light years beyond ours as is their Defense. So how anyone could say the above is beyond me.

Whoa cheese. I don't know about light years as far as defense goes. We've gotten better. I firmly believe that and think that the D will actually win us a game or 2 this year.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares. The histrionics about Matt sucking and DA going to be great because Whis anointed him are just as asinine.

Whis folded a pair of twos and is going all in with a suited 98. That's pretty much what we have here. Quite difficult for me to get excited about that, but there's always the opportunity to hit a runner-runner straight flush on the turn and the river, and if anyone will pull that off it is Whis.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa cheese. I don't know about light years as far as defense goes. We've gotten better. I firmly believe that and think that the D will actually win us a game or 2 this year.

boy do I think you're in for a rude awakening. I hope to be wrong, but this D will be mediocre at best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares. The histrionics about Matt sucking and DA going to be great because Whis anointed him are just as asinine.

who the heck is making the latter argument?!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two people in the thread UPPED their win total because DA is the starter. :shrug:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Whis folded a pair of twos and is going all in with a suited 98. That's pretty much what we have here. Quite difficult for me to get excited about that, but there's always the opportunity to hit a runner-runner straight flush on the turn and the river, and if anyone will pull that off it is Whis.

You've been watching too much late television my friend. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two people in the thread UPPED their win total because DA is the starter. :shrug:

huh... I wouldn't have done that, but I don't think that makes people think he's going to be GREAT. You're kinda adding to histrionics when you start throwing that kind of hyperbole out there, no?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, Whis is pissing on our heads and telling us its raining. I don't care what your take on Leinart is, this is Derek freaking ANDERSON.

Kurt was great and we won 10 games. DA is not going to win us 10 games. He's all of Kurt's bad (and then some) without any of the good. No, I don't think that's hyperbole...if people think he's going to win us 10 games it would mean he played LIGHTS OUT. That isn't going to happen. He's going to lose us games, of that I'm sure.

But I guess it's probably moot because likely one of the rooks will play the latter stage of the season. I doubt DA makes it the full year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, Whis is pissing on our heads and telling us its raining. I don't care what your take on Leinart is, this is Derek freaking ANDERSON.

Kurt was great and we won 10 games. DA is not going to win us 10 games. He's all of Kurt's bad (and then some) without any of the good. No, I don't think that's hyperbole...if people think he's going to win us 10 games it would mean he played LIGHTS OUT. That isn't going to happen. He's going to lose us games, of that I'm sure.

so because two people on the entire board changed their views there's histrionics that people are saying DA is going to be great! You're making it out that people who think Matt sucks... eh, whatever. just seems your painting with a pretty wide brush Donald.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Under a healthy Warner my expectations for this year would be around 12-4 and a playoff win. With DA(or ML) I'm be hoping for 10-6 and the playoffs. The running game should be better than it has been in past years and that should take some of the pressure off.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so because two people on the entire board changed their views there's histrionics that people are saying DA is going to be great! You're making it out that people who think Matt sucks... eh, whatever. just seems your painting with a pretty wide brush Donald.

Absolutely a wide brush. It's cool - people are going to try to buy in to DA (hell, so will I) and will concoct all kinds of mental scenarios (I coined the Gloves of Accuracy line, ffs) to make chicken salad out of this chicken ish. The site has gone plenty goofy already with Team DA and Team Toast and Team DA and Team Hall all up in each others' throats.

People are now popping out of the woodwork to talk about how DA is actually the better option based on numbers, or that they know the entire locker room is against Matt, or whatever, all in an effort to maybe be comfortable with a move that...really, puts us in a very, very tight spot. This is the biggest risk Whis has taken (not starting DA per se, but dropping Matt and rolling with a wild-ass QB and two rookies). It's straight up ballsy...if it works, holy hell what a move. If it fails, holy hell what a move. But arguing the merits of DA vs Matt is silly when at the end of the day, we were better off with two mediocre vets and 2 rookies and cutting someone like, oh, Jason Wright than rolling with the more inaccurate, risk-taking turnover machine QB and 2 rookies. Arguing otherwise, to me, is silly.

I'm giving DA until the bye week before I go fully darkside, but if I continue to see him throw rockets at linebackers, I won't have to wait that long.

Go Cards...we shall overcome?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a wide brush. It's cool - people are going to try to buy in to DA (hell, so will I) and will concoct all kinds of mental scenarios (I coined the Gloves of Accuracy line, ffs) to make chicken salad out of this chicken ish. The site has gone plenty goofy already with Team DA and Team Toast and Team DA and Team Hall all up in each others' throats.

People are now popping out of the woodwork to talk about how DA is actually the better option based on numbers, or that they know the entire locker room is against Matt, or whatever, all in an effort to maybe be comfortable with a move that...really, puts us in a very, very tight spot. This is the biggest risk Whis has taken (not starting DA per se, but dropping Matt and rolling with a wild-ass QB and two rookies). It's straight up ballsy...if it works, holy hell what a move. If it fails, holy hell what a move. But arguing the merits of DA vs Matt is silly when at the end of the day, we were better off with two mediocre vets and 2 rookies and cutting someone like, oh, Jason Wright than rolling with the more inaccurate, risk-taking turnover machine QB and 2 rookies. Arguing otherwise, to me, is silly.

I'm giving DA until the bye week before I go fully darkside, but if I continue to see him throw rockets at linebackers, I won't have to wait that long.

Go Cards...we shall overcome?

Please...stop with the idioms like chicken salad out of ...and telling us it is raining...

You are better than that.

:)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please...stop with the idioms like chicken salad out of ...and telling us it is raining...

You are better than that.

Sometimes idioms become truisms. :shrug: This could all be a blessing in disguise, you know, because maybe a bird in the hand isn't better than two in the bush. All I know is a picture paints a thousand words, and a leopard can't change his spots.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes idioms become truisms. :shrug: This could all be a blessing in disguise, you know, because maybe a bird in the hand isn't better than two in the bush. All I know is a picture paints a thousand words, and a leopard can't change his spots.

Know that is a horse of a different color...

What is lamer "Witness for the prosecution" or "witness for the DA?"