Snakester…Harry… HELP!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do the math. If he doesn’t want to go back to FOX & the only HC job left is in AZ, and everything indicates he’s still in AZ………….

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is the holdup is centered around compensation to the Saints and power division between Payton and Monti. I’m rooting for Monti on that one. Payton is a good coach. We know this. I wouldn’t say he’s a good person though and I most definitely would see him controlling the culture of the franchise as a bad thing.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I’ve heard this too but I disregard it as he won’t sign a long term deal he doesn’t like. One more year at Fox is not a life sentence.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know why the elephant in the room hasn’t been discussed more. As HC options decrease for the Cardinals leverage goes back to Saints. Why does everyone think Saints are losing leverage? Top HC candidates are drying up so our desperation increases. I’m going to pissed off if we end up with Joseph!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t know why the elephant in the room hasn’t been discussed more. As HC options decrease for the Cardinals leverage goes back to Saints. Why does everyone think Saints are losing leverage? Top HC candidates are drying up so our desperation increases. I’m going to pissed off if we end up with Joseph!
maybe because of all the media guys saying he is likely going back to fox??
saints get nothing if that happens

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe because of all the media guys saying he is likely going back to fox??
saints get nothing if that happens
100% agree. Also SP has all the decision making ability. He won't coach somewhere he doesn't want to.

If anything, the Saints become more desperate because if there's only one team left, and the Cards don't like the deal, SP can sit and the Saints get nothing.

If there are several other teams available, the Saints will just wait for other team's offers.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt that it's nice and warm here today (finally)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
That’s not how this works especially since there’s still a good relationship between Payton and the Saints. They know it’s time to move on so ownership is not going to nickel and dime a partner. They’ll get fair value based on past deals and everyone will go on with their lives.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not how this works especially since there’s still a good relationship between Payton and the Saints. They know it’s time to move on so ownership is not going to nickel and dime a partner. They’ll get fair value based on past deals and everyone will go on with their lives.
You’ve been a pretty solid insider here… what kind of odds are we looking at?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose