Sling TV

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Just got the new Sling TV package for $20.

The only reason I've paid for Dish the last 2 years is to get Fox Sports. Now its included in the Sling TV package I view through my Roku. It also includes THE alternate Fox Sports AZ channel.

It also includes AMC, FX, etc.
You can add movie channels alacarte.

With this, Hulu and Amazon Prime I've got more crap to watch than ever without having to pay for satelite or cable.

sent from a fone

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried it and would channel surf and go back to netflix so I cancelled it. I would only use it for AMC really. Glad its helping you save money.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If anyone has successfully cut the cord and gotten what they want out of TV for a reasonable price, give us the details.

Did you keep your home phone?
How do you get your internet package and what are the terms?
What do you miss on TV from going with these alternative providers?

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If anyone has successfully cut the cord and gotten what they want out of TV for a reasonable price, give us the details.

You still have to pay for internet service. I still have Cox for that but instead of paying another $80 for basic cable tv I am now just paying $20. Until this week there was no way to get Fox Sports AZ without paying for Cox or satellite.

Now there is a new option.

https://www.sling.com/?mkwid=srooI2...pROzoaiU9__AIDhz1LnrBCU2_5oUC02mcrhoCrr_w_wcB

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sling is getting closer for me to give it a try. Fox and Fox Sports are one of them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

there are several thread including the "cord cutters" thread that a lot of this has been explained in.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once they get true DVR functionality, I will give it a shot most likely.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Go to Cord cutters thread. There is much detail from several folks. In terms of SlingTV I almost pulled the trigger but my best friend ******* about it all the time. He says whenever it's a very popular show the stream becomes unwatchable and they often have to wait until the next showing to watch it. He said if he wanted to do that...he wouldn't be paying for SlingTV.

My wife and I were over his house during an episode of the TWD and he was right. SlingTV worked perfect the entire evening until that show. His other complaint was about SlingTV support. He said it's useless.

I decided to pass plus like dreamcastrocks stated above? I want DVR functionality.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson