Simmons Comes to Town

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Now I know how Moses felt when the Red Sea parted. Thanks to all the teams that preceded the Cards in the draft. There’s little to write that hasn’t already been written on the board. You all know I loved Lamb, but you can’t pass Simmons. This gives the Cards another player who can provide a sudden game change. There is little in the NFL of more value. This is a giant step forward for the defense. Simmons is the prototype impact player. Now Joseph can spend his isolation dreaming up ways to integrate Simmons into a wide variety of alignments. What’s so great about him is when the Cards play different offenses they can use him differently. Against the Rams he covers the TE. Playing the Seahawks he might spy Wilson. Against the Niners he blitzes. He’s a man for all seasons. Of course they can move him around in the same game to totally confuse the offensive blocking schemes. This is already the best offseason the AZ Cards have ever had. Think fun! Wake me up when it’s Saturday.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. I would have loved lamb just to make Kyler happy and comfortable. But, Simmons athleticism can't be understated. His speed will change how coordinators game plan.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now I know how Moses felt when the Red Sea parted. Thanks to all the teams that preceded the Cards in the draft. There’s little to write that hasn’t already been written on the board. You all know I loved Lamb, but you can’t pass Simmons. This gives the Cards another player who can provide a sudden game change. There is little in the NFL of more value. This is a giant step forward for the defense. Simmons is the prototype impact player. Now Joseph can spend his isolation dreaming up ways to integrate Simmons into a wide variety of alignments. What’s so great about him is when the Cards play different offenses they can use him differently. Against the Rams he covers the TE. Playing the Seahawks he might spy Wilson. Against the Niners he blitzes. He’s a man for all seasons. Of course they can move him around in the same game to totally confuse the offensive blocking schemes. This is already the best offseason the AZ Cards have ever had. Think fun! Wake me up when it’s Saturday.
What you said. I second, third & fourth that lol.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great way to put it Harry.

:thumbup:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim was asked to be less Keimy this offseason, and at present it seems he hit it out of the park.

Now it's up to Vance Joseph to be less Vancy.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I know there won’t be any NFL in this year
Lol. Exactly what I thought a few minutes after the pick.

I can't believe he fell to us. I read scenarios where he might, but I never believed them. This kid isn't just good. He's a FREAK!!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Keim might have just saved his job for at least 2 more years just adding Kyler, Hop & Simmons

Extensions coming lol :lol: