Simmons’ Primary Role (Game By Game)

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of course, he’s probably going to be used multiple ways each game, I wanted to see if we could discuss his likely primary role week to week.

Week 1 (@SF): This one is a bit tricky, as SF disguises run/pass extremely well, and if Simmons tries to man-mark Kittle on run plays he will get blocked into next week. I don’t think VJ will ask Simmons to follow Kittle in his first NFL game. I expect to see him deployed in space, patrolling the weak side, and blitzing half a dozen times. Primary Role: Weak-side rover.

Week 2 (vs Wash): Kyle Allen (yes, the one that torched us last year in the same building) is now on Washington. I have to think VJ will want to utilize Simmons elite athleticism and pass rush ability to knock Allen off his platform. Primary Role: OLB/Joker.

Week 3 (vs Det): I’ll open to the floor....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we play the best TE in the league in game 1 and Vance doesn't put the 6' 4" 240lb fast guy that's good in coverage on Kittle then they should just fire him at half time.

I expect him to sit off Kittle like a safety when Kittle is in line and in man press when Kittle is in the slot. And follow him everywhere.

You take Kittle away and they have Aiyuk in his first game. Samuel, Bourne and Pettis.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we play the best TE in the league in game 1 and Vance doesn't put the 6' 4" 240lb fast guy that's good in coverage on Kittle then they should just fire him at half time.

I expect him to sit off Kittle like a linebacker when Kittle is in line and in man press when Kittle is in the slot. And follow him everywhere.

You take Kittle away and they have Aiyuk in his first game. Samuel, Bourne and Pettis.

FIFY

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I expect him to sit off Kittle like a safety when Kittle is in line and in man press when Kittle is in the slot. And follow him everywhere.

Never know with Vance. Lol. But I think at that point even keim and co wouldn't put up with that one ..

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Budda will cover Kittle from time to time, but Isaiah will be the primary option.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It would not shock me if Simmons is only covering Kittle 20 percent of time

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lber or maybe saftey in some situations

Man praying there is football i need sports

Im even missing nba.... lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member