Silicon Valley (HBO)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah in some other shows he's annoyed me but he's perfect in this one.

Hope it comes back soon, I'm seeing several guys from the show in other shows now, getting nervous they're going to lose their cast and the show will go away.

don't worry. I'm sure they're all locked in for at least another 2 years, but get to do other jobs when Valley isn't shooting.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
about 4 episodes into the new season, very enjoyable so far. Hilarious as they code throughout the night in a fast forward timelapse and erlich is just hitting a bong in the same spot the entire time. He passes out, they put a blanket on him and at some point he wakes up, hits the bong and goes back to sleep. classic.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
about 4 episodes into the new season, very enjoyable so far. Hilarious as they code throughout the night in a fast forward timelapse and erlich is just hitting a bong in the same spot the entire time. He passes out, they put a blanket on him and at some point he wakes up, hits the bong and goes back to sleep. classic.

And all the work they do that entire episode to create this deceptive plan to create the product that they want and it is all wasted at the end of the episode when Richard drops the folder spilling the documents all over the place.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And all the work they do that entire episode to create this deceptive plan to create the product that they want and it is all wasted at the end of the episode when Richard drops the folder spilling the documents all over the place.

"im not sure if I should be more disappointed that you tried to lie to me or that you couldn't hide it for more than 30 seconds"

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Ha ha I laughed at that to. This is such a great show!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought episode 3 was kind of weak so I was a bit nervous but then the next one was great again.

I loved all the empty chair stuff.

And then when Richard went off talking to the PR person who turned out to be the reporter the PR person was supposed to prepare him for.

I also really like the Erlich and Bighead thing going on as a tangent storyline.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought episode 3 was kind of weak so I was a bit nervous but then the next one was great again.

I loved all the empty chair stuff.

And then when Richard went off talking to the PR person who turned out to be the reporter the PR person was supposed to prepare him for.

I also really like the Erlich and Bighead thing going on as a tangent storyline.

i think your ahread of me so i skimmed this without absorbing it. Episode 3 did lull a bit but ep4 was awesome. Ill probly watch ep5 tonight, picked john oliver last night instead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is an awesome actor.
Sunday was the season Finale. the bit with Ehrlich explaining how he gets them a funding offer is hilarious.

I also love the Jin Yang character how he just pops up now and then.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
lmao at the part where Erlich is saying how Richard has to earn his trust and BOOM partying.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Without erlich, this show wouldn't make it. Finale was great.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmao at the part where Erlich is saying how Richard has to earn his trust and BOOM partying.

Yeah even though you knew it was going to happen it was still hilarious how fast it happened.

I like how they are taking some well known people and integrating them into the show. For example the satanist girlfriend of Guilfoyle is the girl from the AT&T commercial. She seems so "proper" in the commercial so they make her into a techie that's swearing over and over and is a Satanist.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My oldest son just landed his first job in Silicon Valley. My wife and I just got back from helping him get settled. What did we all watch last night? Silicon Valley of course.

Love the show, hilarious. We have only seen a few episodes of Season 1 so far, but are noticing a few things that they nailed. Housing outrageously priced for s&#!, check. The whole leaving college early thing, check.... I am sure we'll see more similarities, but we are pretty new to this.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My oldest son just landed his first job in Silicon Valley. My wife and I just got back from helping him get settled. What did we all watch last night? Silicon Valley of course.

Love the show, hilarious. We have only seen a few episodes of Season 1 so far, but are noticing a few things that they nailed. Housing outrageously priced for s&#!, check. The whole leaving college early thing, check.... I am sure we'll see more similarities, but we are pretty new to this.

Who's he working for?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sunday was the season Finale. the bit with Ehrlich explaining how he gets them a funding offer is hilarious.

I also love the Jin Yang character how he just pops up now and then.

"This is you as old man. I'm ugly ... and I'm dead. Alone."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We had a guy who I think works at Apple that was sleeping in a small RV in our parking lot. I guess Apple must have security that prevents it so he was moving around building to building. He was only in our lot a few nights several employees working late mentioned it to me. But he appeared to be working at Apple no idea what job but that gives you an idea how expensive it is around here.

I also know from another Facilities Manager that a fairly high profile company recently discovered they had a couple of employees who were essentially living in their buildings. They were eating all 3 meals there showering there and many nights sleeping there, some nights in hotels. I'm assuming it's a temporary thing to save up enough money to get their own place.

So the Jared sleeping in the garage while freeloaders are in his condo thing is somewhat accurate too.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a guy who I think works at Apple that was sleeping in a small RV in our parking lot. I guess Apple must have security that prevents it so he was moving around building to building. He was only in our lot a few nights several employees working late mentioned it to me. But he appeared to be working at Apple no idea what job but that gives you an idea how expensive it is around here.

I also know from another Facilities Manager that a fairly high profile company recently discovered they had a couple of employees who were essentially living in their buildings. They were eating all 3 meals there showering there and many nights sleeping there, some nights in hotels. I'm assuming it's a temporary thing to save up enough money to get their own place.

So the Jared sleeping in the garage while freeloaders are in his condo thing is somewhat accurate too.

Pretty amazing. I also read about Google employees living in their cars for a while, some of them living in tents in backyards, etc. I think though they have some of their own temporary housing for employees, but I think the prices are pretty steep.

Do you recall which episode/season the Jared sleeping in garage deal is in?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing. I also read about Google employees living in their cars for a while, some of them living in tents in backyards, etc. I think though they have some of their own temporary housing for employees, but I think the prices are pretty steep.

Do you recall which episode/season the Jared sleeping in garage deal is in?

Sorry didn't mean to ruin it for you but in the last season they told us jared had been renting out his condo to make ends meet and there's a twist I won't spoil but he ends up renting a spot in the garage from Erlich as a result.

Google is somehow connected to a mobile home park in Palo Alto that's getting a lot of news. There's a deal on the ballot there now to make that a designated affordable housing location. apparently the belief is that google somehow invested in the company that bought the mobile home park. They immediately started raising the space rents of the tenants and at some point started offering to buy out tenants who were having trouble with new higher rents(they pay a mortgage and a space rent). The belief is that the plan is to push a bunch of tenants out by buying them out and then remove their older homes, replace them with new mobile homes, and then sell or rent those out to Google employees.

If you believe in the conspiracy angle the long term plan was to put enough new homes in there that it pushes the median house price for the park above a certain threshold at which it loses it's affordable housing designation and then the owner can actually buy out other owners and build houses or condos where the mobile homes were. So Palo Alto is trying to pass a law that prevents that from happening.

the park I live in now(couple more weeks we're selling) has several people now living there who work at Apple, regularly housing is so expensive now techies are buying in mobile home parks, they buy an old house have it taken out and replaced with a new one.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
When I was a kid my family lived in a little house in Palo Alto for a year. Nothing special, 3 bedroom, 1300 sq. ft. Its now listed on Zillow for almost $4 million.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid my family lived in a little house in Palo Alto for a year. Nothing special, 3 bedroom, 1300 sq. ft. Its now listed on Zillow for almost $4 million.

I think this park is basically the border of Palo Alto and Mountain View.

The house I grew up in Cupertino, 1961 Eichler, 26K brand new. We added on a 2nd story so it's another 10K. The house is I think 1700 square feet and currently listed at 1.8 million on Zillow.

Unreal.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

When did your family move out of that house and how much did they sell it for?

I think this park is basically the border of Palo Alto and Mountain View.

The house I grew up in Cupertino, 1961 Eichler, 26K brand new. We added on a 2nd story so it's another 10K. The house is I think 1700 square feet and currently listed at 1.8 million on Zillow.

Unreal.

Same thing, when did they move out and how much did they sell it for? Crazy prices!