Silicon Valley (HBO)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you havent seen this yet, its done by Mike Judge (The genius behind beavis and butthead, idiocracy and more) and it is FUNNY. My wife doesnt understand half of the tech jargon going on and still loves the show. Hilarious all the way through. I accidently watched the final episode first because HBOGO lists the shows from newest to oldest instead of vice versa but even with that we thoroughly enjoyed the entire season.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you havent seen this yet, its done by Mike Judge (The genius behind beavis and butthead, idiocracy and more) and it is FUNNY. My wife doesnt understand half of the tech jargon going on and still loves the show. Hilarious all the way through. I accidently watched the final episode first because HBOGO lists the shows from newest to oldest instead of vice versa but even with that we thoroughly enjoyed the entire season.

I'll have to see if HBO is on my Direct TV package. My wife my understand the tech jargon, but probably won't care for the humor :)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Great cast. The penis joke never gets old. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you watch the whole season?

yup.

I was surprised at how little I liked it. I'm a huge Mike Judge fan. I just never thought much of this was funny and the one character I did find funny, died halfway through the season.

and the guy with the Beard (don't remember his name) is PAINFULLY not funny to me, in pretty much everything he's in.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
surprised, I thought it was hilarious all the way through.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much preference in humor varies. I've posted things that I loved that other people didn't find funny at all, and vv

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
yup.

I was surprised at how little I liked it. I'm a huge Mike Judge fan. I just never thought much of this was funny and the one character I did find funny, died halfway through the season.

and the guy with the Beard (don't remember his name) is PAINFULLY not funny to me, in pretty much everything he's in.

I didn't know he died! So sad! He was one of the best parts of the show!

http://www.businessinsider.com/rip-silicon-valley-christopher-evan-welch-2014-4

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup.

I didn't know he died! So sad! He was one of the best parts of the show!

http://www.businessinsider.com/rip-silicon-valley-christopher-evan-welch-2014-4

wow I had no idea, didnt realize he kinda dissapeared after the first few episodes. The part where he orders one of everything from burger king was hilarious

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
In terms of the character, they did a great job with the story, dealing with the actor's death. He still felt like a big presence on the show, but in retrospect, I didn't realize he never showed up on screen again. Good writing, I guess.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In terms of the character, they did a great job with the story, dealing with the actor's death. He still felt like a big presence on the show, but in retrospect, I didn't realize he never showed up on screen again. Good writing, I guess.

really? i felt like it was a huge gaping hole in the show, as they pumped up the female character (who I couldn't care less about). probably felt that way since he was the lone highlight for me.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Yeah. There were times I wondered why he wasn't in a scene, like when they have a conversation in the lobby outside his office, instead of inside his office. But overall, I felt like the character was still engaged offscreen.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I was just telling my wife about his death and she was like, "the guy who said they had to move forward in that thing..."

And I was like, "think about it. The girl said that onscreen, he didn't." Blew her mind!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just telling my wife about his death and she was like, "the guy who said they had to move forward in that thing..."

And I was like, "think about it. The girl said that onscreen, he didn't." Blew her mind!

or when she was like "ugh hes going to make that noise when he calls me" and then he calls and makes some wretched noise.

Hopefully he enjoys the whole burger king menu in his afterlife.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Just now getting to this. The scene with the orgasm company name had me cracking up.

Bummer the Peter Gregory actor died. I remember him from Rubicon.

Japes

Reaction score
Just now getting to this. The scene with the orgasm company name had me cracking up.

Bummer the Peter Gregory actor died. I remember him from Rubicon.

Damn, I didn't know that about him. He was a good actor

As far as this show is concerned, I thought it was OK. Love Mike Judge but this isn' his best work. The first few episodes sucked but I felt like it picked up some momentum in the second half of the season. Didn't like some of the casting, esp the main character. I'll watch season 2 if it comes out

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched like 8 episodes on On Demand over the weekend. It's funny, the debate over the penis thing was hilarious.

I actually love the actor that plays the CEO of Pied Piper he's got that Silicon Valley nerd to CEO thing absolutely nailed. I've worked with tons of guys like him over the years, extremely smart, completely unprepared to be in management etc.

Didn't know the guy who played Peter had died that's really sad, he was very good in his role too.

Living where I do it's pretty funny although I don't understand why they created Hooli if they're going to talk about Google as well, Hooli is basically Google, I guess they just wanted to make fun of Google without naming them when they make fun of them?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Love this show. Thought the season premier set the season up perfectly. That penis joke might have been the best joke ever used on television. The funniest thing to me about it is its actually real science. I read an article that stated Mike Judge asked two engineers to come up with the mathematical formula.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 2 was great, just finished it. A shame they are so short

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

I re-watched that scene like five times and laughed harder and harder each time I watched it. I think Erlich is hilarious.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I re-watched that scene like five times and laughed harder and harder each time I watched it. I think Erlich is hilarious.

Yeah in some other shows he's annoyed me but he's perfect in this one.

Hope it comes back soon, I'm seeing several guys from the show in other shows now, getting nervous they're going to lose their cast and the show will go away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose