Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
How do we steal Dejounte Murray from the Spurs? I would like to see him as a future PG for the Suns.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
How do we steal Dejounte Murray from the Spurs? I would like to see him as a future PG for the Suns.
That's the problem. Most of the candidates for PGOTF on other teams will be hard to pry away. Not many teams with a surplus of them or looking to get rid of the ones they have.

Dejounte is a pretty good fit next to Booker, but was surprised to see that he's older than Devin by a month or so.

Other possibly available candidates after a quick look through rosters:
De'Aron Fox
Colin Sexton
Markelle Fultz (I know, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel)

I have no idea if they're actually available, but seems like these teams already have better candidates for their long-term PG needs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other possibly available candidates after a quick look through rosters:
De'Aron Fox
Colin Sexton
Markelle Fultz (I know, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel)

I have no idea if they're actually available, but seems like these teams already have better candidates for their long-term PG needs.
Actually, for me, Sexton would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'd want no part of him, highlight reel or not. I'd consider Fultz on a miminum deal but obviously his head and his left knee are serious concerns.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Actually, for me, Sexton would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'd want no part of him, highlight reel or not. I'd consider Fultz on a miminum deal but obviously his head and his left knee are serious concerns.
Yeah, fair enough. I know he was drafted as a PG but I think he's been playing more off the ball when paired with Garland. Either way his numbers aren't world beating and he looks like more of a score-first pg. Caveat, I've only really seen him play against Phoenix and basing this on looking up his stats.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. I know he was drafted as a PG but I think he's been playing more off the ball when paired with Garland. Either way his numbers aren't world beating and he looks like more of a score-first pg. Caveat, I've only really seen him play against Phoenix and basing this on looking up his stats.
I've always thought he was a very me-first player, couple that with his demands for a max contract and you're looking at trouble even if you ignore his knee surgeries. Of course, this last meniscus surgery probably sorts out that contract demand but he's still just too much Eric Bledsoe for me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always thought he was a very me-first player, couple that with his demands for a max contract and you're looking at trouble even if you ignore his knee surgeries. Of course, this last meniscus surgery probably sorts out that contract demand but he's still just too much Eric Bledsoe for me.

And the Cavs have been waaaaaaaaaaay better since he went down.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Grrrr! You know the Suns are gonna make us wait 3 weeks and do nothing right?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know about the time frame but I think something is going to happen.

It will likely be an under the radar type move like addition of Cam Payne, Torrey Craig and Bismack Biyombo.

James Jones is sneaky good at this stuff.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Close, but not quite. The Suns will cut someone, or trade someone for a future 2nd round pick to create an open roster spot. This will prompt all of us (myself included), to say 'there's surely another move behind this', and then nothing will happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close, but not quite. The Suns will cut someone, or trade someone for a future 2nd round pick to create an open roster spot. This will prompt all of us (myself included), to say 'there's surely another move behind this', and then nothing will happen.
I've said since well before the season started that I thought we'd add a 4 or a 5 near the trade deadline. Biyombo is better than I thought we could add so anything from here on out is pure gravy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said since well before the season started that I thought we'd add a 4 or a 5 near the trade deadline. Biyombo is better than I thought we could add so anything from here on out is pure gravy.

Totally agree. Biyombo was a steal. However, I'm still waiting for the gravy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill call a move to watch for. The Suns trade Saric with either Stix or Nader and a future 1st for an expiring contract. It doesn't matter what they get back, the goal is to cut salary and free up a roster spot.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ill call a move to watch for. The Suns trade Saric with either Stix or Nader and a future 1st for an expiring contract. It doesn't matter what they get back, the goal is to cut salary and free up a roster spot.
I'm kind of loyal to Saric we might be better off hanging on to him for when he's worth more.
If he comes back and can replicate what he was doing last year when he got injured its a plus. And a CHEAP Plus. And a plus that gets along with everyone in the locker room.
A Plus that understands Bookers plight. CP3's Plight. Im all for keeping Saric unless we can turn a BIG fish.
I think if we had Saric in the playoffs we would have had a better chance at slowing Janis Okplempopo.
It may have been the difference in winning and taking that walk of shame.
IMO Shamet for Jevon was the biggest mistake the Suns made this offseason.
At least when Jevon came in the game you knew what you were getting.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm kind of loyal to Saric we might be better off hanging on to him for when he's worth more.
If he comes back and can replicate what he was doing last year when he got injured its a plus. And a CHEAP Plus. And a plus that gets along with everyone in the locker room.
A Plus that understands Bookers plight. CP3's Plight. Im all for keeping Saric unless we can turn a BIG fish.
I think if we had Saric in the playoffs we would have had a better chance at slowing Janis Okplempopo.
It may have been the difference in winning and taking that walk of shame.
IMO Shamet for Jevon was the biggest mistake the Suns made this offseason.
At least when Jevon came in the game you knew what you were getting.

I like Saric and would prefer to keep him. I think he's our best option of a big to play alongside Ayton in the playoffs if we need size. I think he works as a small ball 5 also but I wouldn't count on right away since he'll need to get his wind back. Not that we need that with McGee and Biyombo.

I believe Sarver is looking to pinch pennies right now and I believe that's a fairly easy way to do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The OTHER SHOE!!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about the time frame but I think something is going to happen.

It will likely be an under the radar type move like addition of Cam Payne, Torrey Craig and Bismack Biyombo.

James Jones is sneaky good at this stuff.
Really? He did not get McGee last year when he was available, or any big man when it was an obvious need.

I would not bank on him making a good move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Saric and would prefer to keep him. I think he's our best option of a big to play alongside Ayton in the playoffs if we need size. I think he works as a small ball 5 also but I wouldn't count on right away since he'll need to get his wind back. Not that we need that with McGee and Biyombo.

I believe Sarver is looking to pinch pennies right now and I believe that's a fairly easy way to do it.
I think your memory is lacking on Saric.

He had to play center because he could not guard 4's. We don't need a center.

Biyambo is a better player than Saric - that is my opinion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? He did not get McGee last year when he was available, or any big man when it was an obvious need.

I would not bank on him making a good move.

I was a critic as well but James Jones has addressed the center situation this season.

He did add Torrey Craig last season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think your memory is lacking on Saric.

He had to play center because he could not guard 4's. We don't need a center.

Biyambo is a better player than Saric - that is my opinion.

He struggles against some 4's but playing alongside Ayton mitigates that because Ayton can handle the 4. Like against Milwaukee we could have Saric and Ayton out there against Giannis and Portis/Lopez. Like I said, when we need to go big, he is the best 4 for that but that's really the only time he can be used as a 4 also.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have the best record in the league by several games, I would be surprised if we see any moves outside of trying to pluck someone who gets cut after the trade deadline.