Should we trade for Josh Allen or LaJarius Snead?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would you guys be willing to trade for either of these franchise tagged players?

Using the trade compensation given to Brian Burns as a reference(2024 second-round pick No. 39 overall and a 2025 fifth-round pick) there is no reason we couldn’t do something similar.

The contract would probably need to be the same for Allen as it was for Burns based on their production. Snead probably wouldn’t cost as much but would still be pricey.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not interested in Snead at all -- CB performance is too inconsistent, and we don't have the pass rush in front of him to support.

If we can get Allen for a second I'd do it and wouldn't blink at paying him. That's a Chandler Jones-level heist. Wouldn't hesitate paying him either.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we could work a trade for Allen that would be incredible.

Snead was really good last year, and really bad the 2 years prior.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not interested in Snead at all -- CB performance is too inconsistent, and we don't have the pass rush in front of him to support.

If we can get Allen for a second I'd do it and wouldn't blink at paying him. That's a Chandler Jones-level heist. Wouldn't hesitate paying him either.

This. A lot of CB's a very scheme dependent. Look at the money JC Jackson got a couple of years back and he may well be out of the league now. If I'm going to pay a CB I want a guy that's done well on multiple teams.

Josh Allen for me too.

Also CB values are down. Teams are playing more 2 high safety. QB aDots are falling.

Last edited:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need a pass rusher, so I would be good with them doing something/anything. However, we should have identified this early on and just went after one of the better FA pass rushers instead of having to use draft capital. Guys like Hunter, Greenard, Young, etc...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't thank Monti Is going trade High picks for veterans so i would sign Emanuel Ogbah
Then add a defensive linemen through the draft with pass rushing skills and hoping our young pass rushers can make something happen playing with a better interior defensive line

Last edited:
OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Josh Allen makes the most sense for me as well. Jacksonville only has 5 draft picks and limited cap space.

In regards to our cap space, we have some available and still haven’t done anything on Humphries or Budda’s contract. Pretty sure they could create quite a bit of extra money making adjustments on those two.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have a buddy who's a Jag's fan and asked him if he's heard any rumors. The answer was no and that he thinks it would take multiple players and firsts to trade for him. His ask seemed a really high to me but it's what their fans are thinking at least.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who's a Jag's fan and asked him if he's heard any rumors. The answer was no and that he thinks it would take multiple players and firsts to trade for him. His ask seemed a really high to me but it's what their fans are thinking at least.
You must be registered for see images attach

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

What are we going to do, keep rolling cap space over year after year? Cap Space doesn't win games; players--especially good pass rushers--do.
I didn’t say I didn’t want us to get him but if we didn’t try for burns we prolly ain’t going for Allen either

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

What are we going to do, keep rolling cap space over year after year? Cap Space doesn't win games; players--especially good pass rushers--do.
We still have 40.5 million in cap space. And, yes, that is up to date through DeeJay Dallas. That is #8 in available cap space.

There is a whole LOT we can do even without doing something with Budda or DJ's contracts. But, my feeling is we are basically done. These are the "big" signings.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson