Should NFL have a say in Who Owns/Keeps a Team?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
For the fans sake and the reputation of the League, maybe the NFL should have more authority in team ownership. Of course I am thinking of the Cardinals when I ask that.

If an owner after so many decades continues to put a subpar team together, giving their millions of fans little hope of ever winning a championship, should there not be a way to make them sell the team and give someone else a chance. Having inferior teams year after year does nothing for the league, but especially for fans of football.

If an owner can't delegate and hire people (I think it's called management) who are competent and can get the job done, maybe we need a system to allow him to sell the team to someone, giving someone else a chance.

I know that isn't the American free enterprise way, but sports in general, especially ownership, has never been subjected to normal societal rules and regulations.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
absolutely not.

who the hell are they to force a guy to sell his own property?

gonna force ebay to sell to elon musk because their platform is declining??

one of the greatest things about america... you have the right to work hard and become successful.
you also have an equal right to work hard and be a failure.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
absolutely not.

who the hell are they to force a guy to sell his own property?

gonna force ebay to sell to elon musk because their platform is declining??

one of the greatest things about america... you have the right to work hard and become successful.
you also have an equal right to work hard and be a failure.
well said!

GBA! :rockon:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, because without the owner's initial money, there would be no NFL... the NFL is actually the owners' doing, like it or not
Yup. Reading about the beginnings of the league, those guys barely survived trying to get pro football off the ground. Fascinating to see how it was viewed compared to today.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes. It should be like soccer where losers like Michael Bidwill get relegated to the phantom zone and make no money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose