Should DJ be ranked so high in most fantasy rankings

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The way coach likes to share the RB load, and the fact we have 3 exciting ones, I can't see D. Johnson ranked in the top 10 of fantasy players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about #1 overall, but especially in a PPR league, he's pretty appealing.

Yes, he should be in the top 10.

He should get at least 80 percent of the carries, and 4-5 catches a game.

The only back I would draft before him is bell - if he looks back to full health in the preseason.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
it's not just about touches, but touchdowns...he gets the ball in scoring position.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, he should be in the top 10.

He should get at least 80 percent of the carries, and 4-5 catches a game.

The only back I would draft before him is bell - if he looks back to full health in the preseason.

Some people been forgetting about Todd Gurley, apparently.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
it's not just about touches, but touchdowns...he gets the ball in scoring position.

Maybe. 5 of his 10 TDs came before he was the starter. 3 of the remaining 5 came in one game against Philly.

IMO, David Johnson is getting overvalued--I hope someone in my league takes him in the top 5.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
A 3-down back is rare in the NFL these days. I love the potential, but have not seen enough of DJ to draft him ahead of Bell, AP or Gurley. I would also consider a slimmed down Lacy and a healthy Charles before DJ

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would think Elliot would be highly rated running behind Dallas' line.

It'll be interesting to see how high he goes. High risk with the stable of backs they have, IMO. I do know that he'll go well before I'd take him here in Texas.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Maybe. 5 of his 10 TDs came before he was the starter. 3 of the remaining 5 came in one game against Philly.

IMO, David Johnson is getting overvalued--I hope someone in my league takes him in the top 5.

+1

I think he is overvalued in the world of Fantasy Football right now, without a doubt.

The #1 back is Adrian Peterson, and should be ever year until he retires, IMHO.

Here are my fantasy football backs, which are different from who I think the best running backs are when it comes to winning in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson
Le'Veon Bell
Todd Gurley
LeSean McCoy
Devonta Freeman

......ugh, I do not want to think about this for another few months. Too many questions and what have you's.

LOL.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think Johnson might be on a equal level of production as Gurley but one thing people do not consider... Gurley is going to be a lot better now he has a year past his ACL

He will also have Jeff Goff as his QB.

Gurley is going to produce more, IMHO, just because he will be used more.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They have DJ over Gurley because hes on the high powered cards offense so he gets more TD oppurtunities then Gurley, Gurley cooled off at the end of year as David Johnson exploded. Personally id rather have Leveon Bell with a clear great handcuff in Deangelo Williams. But right now Yahoo has David Johnson #3 overall

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

:yeahthat:

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, for me he is.

I rank the backs like this

1. Bell

2. DJ

3. Peterson

4. Elliot

5. Gurley

6. Charles

7. Miller

8. Freeman

Then there is a big drop off.

My statement was in reply to the contradicting statement in which you claimed Bell and DJ should both be #1.

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last year's propped up preseason #1 was CJ Anderson from Denver. Was convinced to take him with the top overall pick in the draft. I had to eat a mile of crow and cut him by week 4.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yes, for me he is.

I rank the backs like this
1. Bell
2. DJ
3. Peterson
4. Elliot
5. Gurley
6. Charles
7. Miller
8. Freeman

Then there is a big drop off.

For what it is worth, I would disagree with putting Elliot in front of Gurley, Freeman and Charles.

I would also put Doug Martin in front of Lamar Miller.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly he still figures to be the short yardage and TD guy so yeah he's a high pick

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard