• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree and disagree on this. One side he does get called for a lot of crap calls while others are allowed to be more physical. I think he even got T'd up once for "taunting" even though it wasn't a taunt, it was such a bogus call. This is a league/ref issue. The other side is Ayton, when he's checked out he doesn't want to whole heartedly try, this is the Ayton we are all frustrated with.

I've said it before, but if you watch his rookie games there's a night and day difference between rookie Ayton and current Ayton, this just leads me to believe more and more of this was on Monty (or Ayton just smokes more or got of the Peds).

I think this is where it is at. Unless Ayton plays aggressive all season, he is not going to get the benefit of close foul calls in the playoffs.

I wish he would watch video of Nikola Jokic. He is very observant of where to put his hands and arms so as not to get cheap fouls.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm shocked the Suns turned that one down. One guy who wont score 10 ppg and 2 guys that should be working at a Footlocker.
This is the reason DA is still and will likely remain a Sun.

If talks with Dallas DO pick back up then Ishbia isn't who I thought he was.
With a proposal like that I'd tell Dallas to F off forever. And I hope that Ishbia feels the same way.
That trade is a gift to Dallas. With Holmes & McGee that would be going in the opposite direction for a championship run. Luka & Ayton would probably work very well for Dallas. Change of scenery for Ayton and Luka & Ayton seem to like each other. And we would be getting a small forward in Hardaway for Ayton. Nope I don't like this trade and hope it's completely dead. Atlanta as a trade partner would be better. Capella and Bogdan for uninspired & underachieving Ayton.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is where it is at. Unless Ayton plays aggressive all season, he is not going to get the benefit of close foul calls in the playoffs.

I wish he would watch video of Nikola Jokic. He is very observant of where to put his hands and arms so as not to get cheap fouls.

I don't fully blame Ayton for some of his cheap fouls, he does seem to be called for a lot of them. I believe part of his problem, other than timid play being his default, is how he reacts to cheap whistles. He gets a Duncan-esque look on his face as if he has zero clue what he did and it makes me want to throw something at him, so I imagine that doesn't help endear him to the refs. It's sort of a combination of "What did I do?" and "Golly gee, you aren't saying I didnt something wrong, are you?". It's tough to explain but I'm fairly certain most here know what I'm talking about. It's annoying as a fan of the Suns, I can only imagine how much it annoys the refs involved. He needs to get a handle on that.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If PHX is hell bent on dealing with DAL then at least get Wood back in a S&T. Wood & Josh Green would work, however, I read DAL considers Josh Green and Jaden Hardy untouchable (DAL refused to include either in potential ATL trade for Capela).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't fully blame Ayton for some of his cheap fouls, he does seem to be called for a lot of them. I believe part of his problem, other than timid play being his default, is how he reacts to cheap whistles. He gets a Duncan-esque look on his face as if he has zero clue what he did and it makes me want to throw something at him, so I imagine that doesn't help endear him to the refs. It's sort of a combination of "What did I do?" and "Golly gee, you aren't saying I didnt something wrong, are you?". It's tough to explain but I'm fairly certain most here know what I'm talking about. It's annoying as a fan of the Suns, I can only imagine how much it annoys the refs involved. He needs to get a handle on that.

Ayton does get a lot of cheap foul calls.

He may have to learn how to react better to ticky tack calls much like Devin Booker.

Booker has had to work through something similar.

I get tired of worrying about how the referees feel. They should do their job.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If PHX is hell bent on dealing with DAL then at least get Wood back in a S&T. Wood & Josh Green would work, however, I read DAL considers Josh Green and Jaden Hardy untouchable (DAL refused to include either in potential ATL trade for Capela).
I don't think they are unless it's the right deal. The vast majority of the rumors regarding phoenix this offseason have been b.s.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is going to tell it like it is, instead of saying something for a pr move??
Depends on the topic. Part of Vogel's job is PR and sounding supportive. That is not always conducive to "telling it like it is".

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think they are unless it's the right deal. The vast majority of the rumors regarding phoenix this offseason have been b.s.
I agree but I think behind he scenes PHX could be putting out feelers to gauge teams interest. DAL seems super focused on acquiring a C and may keep checking in with PHX. I don't think ATL needs to move Capela now that they rid themselves of Collin's contract and I don't know if another big man on trade market except Turner but he is too injury prone to trade assets for.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is going to tell it like it is, instead of saying something for a pr move??

When I read an article, I look for information. I do not need to drink vinegar to know what it tastes like.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but I think behind he scenes PHX could be putting out feelers to gauge teams interest. DAL seems super focused on acquiring a C and may keep checking in with PHX. I don't think ATL needs to move Capela now that they rid themselves of Collin's contract and I don't know if another big man on trade market except Turner but he is too injury prone to trade assets for.
I am sure they are but the vast majority of the rumored deals have been so terrible. No way the Suns trade Ayton for a SF and two throw ins. Not a chance. Some of these have been so ridiculous.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm just sitting over here looking at Nikola Vučević wishing we could make that happen - probably take a sign and trade?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That starts in the head. You can't teach a fire in your belly. You either have it or don't. IMO.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought we couldn’t do any sign and trade. Because of how far we are over the cap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we couldn’t do any sign and trade. Because of how far we are over the cap.

I think the Suns can trade Ayton for multiple players, but they can't trade him with another Suns player because of the CBA rules.

It has something to do with the money.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That starts in the head. You can't teach a fire in your belly. You either have it or don't. IMO.
You can't light the fire for him, but there are things you can do to potentially reach the part of him that would cause the fire to be ignited. That's the hope with Vogel. Maybe he will bring a different approach that will reach that part of Ayton.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You can't light the fire for him, but there are things you can do to potentially reach the part of him that would cause the fire to be ignited. That's the hope with Vogel. Maybe he will bring a different approach that will reach that part of Ayton.
I can see it now

Ayton running thru a junkyard with bricks in his hands. Hopping thru the park with a log on his back. One armed push ups. Intense 80s music. Some chicken chasing. All ending with DeAndre victoriously beating Vogel in a foot race on the beach followed by a macho manly embrace with visible slow motion sudsy splashes to document the occasion

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just sitting over here looking at Nikola Vučević wishing we could make that happen - probably take a sign and trade?

Vucevic is signing a 3 year contract extension with the Bulls. He will be 33 in October.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I want to listen to a Frank Vogel, a coach who has won an NBA championship or Dan Bickley.

The choice is obvious to me.
Well, there's a difference between who I WANT to listen to here and who I actually think it's closer to reality. I've had to fool myself into believing DA could meet our expectations too many times. IIRC somebody else made a similar analogy the other day but I feel like someone who keeps taking back a cheating spouse.

Unfortunately with the crap people are offering I don't think there's any choice but to Hope Vogel can work some magic. I'm optimistic but fully prepared to be disappointed. This guy legitimately has the size, athleticism, and talent to be a top three center. He lacks the heart, motor, and toughness.

Joe

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard