Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With us trading for Beal is this a sign that mean Ayton is gone?

No more signs are needed - Ayton is GONE. It's just a question of what we get back at this point.

Booker, KD, and Beal are pure hoopers. They love the game. This is serious for them. They want DA gone and they want to bring in more players with a laser focus on winning championships. Nobody will question this roster's toughness and drive to win.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's more like: "Hey ya'll! Come on down to Crazy Matt's! He's wheeling! He's dealing! He's willing to take on big contracts! Upside down on a player? No worries? No trade clauses? No problem! Just bring that old clunker to Crazy Matt's, cuz he's making CRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZEEEEEEEE DDDEEEEEAAAALLLLLLLL'S!"

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s what I keyed into as well. I wonder why the Beal deal was the trigger for the additional activity . . .
They know the Suns don't need four max contracts, they need multiple players and depth. So now, teams see an opportunity. Teams think the Suns are more motivated now.

Gobert would be interesting. He is all defense and rebounding.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Suns must have wanted him to play under the basket, because he did it ALL year! Monty or anyone on the bench, didn't appear to have a problem with it. Me, if I was the coach, I would be chewing his ass out for doing that. That's why I assume they wanted him to do it.
I missed the under the basket thing, seems he spent most his time setting picks outside the free throw line. I should’ve paid more attention…

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the under the basket thing, seems he spent most his time setting picks outside the free throw line. I should’ve paid more attention…

Ayton playing underneath the basket may have been more of a description of him getting shoved there. He spent time standing out of bounds as well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They know the Suns don't need four max contracts, they need multiple players and depth. So now, teams see an opportunity. Teams think the Suns are more motivated now.

Gobert would be interesting. He is all defense and rebounding.
Gobert makes too much to make a trade work, no?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No more signs are needed - Ayton is GONE. It's just a question of what we get back at this point.

Booker, KD, and Beal are pure hoopers. They love the game. This is serious for them. They want DA gone and they want to bring in more players with a laser focus on winning championships. Nobody will question this roster's toughness and drive to win.
He just doesn’t have the mental makeup to be a champion

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think once Ayton heard we were shopping him - that was it

He's just too emotionally fragile to take that one on the chin. I hope he stays away from social media and doesn't do anything that'll lower his already dismal value

As for the new found interest - I think it's partly due to the Beal Deal but I also think it could mean his representation is now shopping him, after the team was unsuccessful in doing so

Regardless I don't think Ayton plays another game in purple and orange

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else take notice that when Jokic approached the basket, he often floated the ball in the cylinder rather than use a normal shooting motion?

It's so smooth. He sort of guides the ball into the basket.

I wish Ayton could learn this shot.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins thinks we should call Memphis and try and get Adams and Kennard.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins thinks we should call Memphis and try and get Adams and Kennard.

I kind of agree with Perk, I feel ill. I want Adams but don't want Kennard. We know Jones liked Kennard at some point so maybe it happens. Wouldn't be awful but I'd prefer someone other than Kennard thrown in but his salary is likely one they want to shed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would still like too somehow get Hield over here, I'm torn between Capella/Murray or Turner/Hield.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except for they beat the dog crap out of everybody - good luck with down playing Jokic and Denver's rise - pretty sure they'll be in the finals again next year and I don't see anybody beating them because they're an actual team
They did not beat the dog crap out of the Suns - except for game 6.

They are very good, but they are far from unbeatable.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are now getting a lot of calls for Deandre Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah, but are they just bargain hunting because they expect a fire sale or are they legit offers. That is the question.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would still like too somehow get Hield over here, I'm torn between Capella/Murray or Turner/Hield.
Turner Hield actually would be pretty good.

I don't believe Capella/Murray is realistic and if it was, we would need to reroute Murray somewhere else in a 3 way because we don't need him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting idea. Not crazy about Kennard but he would be somewhat useful I guess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but are they just bargain hunting because they expect a fire sale or are they legit offers. That is the question.

If the Suns can't get what they want for Ayton now, they should hold off. I think they can do better than Kennard and Adams.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I kind of agree with Perk, I feel ill. I want Adams but don't want Kennard. We know Jones liked Kennard at some point so maybe it happens. Wouldn't be awful but I'd prefer someone other than Kennard thrown in but his salary is likely one they want to shed.
Kennard has an insane 3p shooting %. If both are healthy, I'd go for it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone else take notice that when Jokic approached the basket, he often floated the ball in the cylinder rather than use a normal shooting motion?

It's so smooth. He sort of guides the ball into the basket.

I wish Ayton could learn this shot.

Lmao this board would lose their poo if Ayton shot that shot.

DUNK THE BALL YOU wuss!!

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
Adams would be a perfect fit. Someone who knows his role, has a ton of heart, has some dog in him which this team desperately needs. would love this trade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner Hield actually would be pretty good.

I don't believe Capella/Murray is realistic and if it was, we would need to reroute Murray somewhere else in a 3 way because we don't need him.

Myles Turner alone is going to make more than Ayton next year.

It doesn’t work money wise