• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a huge mistake. He's definitely not a 4.

Ayton may think he is better suited to play the 4. He did so at Arizona.

Maybe if the Suns give him some minutes at the 4 he will have an epiphany and get that out of his system.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ayton may think he is better suited to play the 4. He did so at Arizona.

Maybe if the Suns give him some minutes at the 4 he will have an epiphany.
Ayton thinks he's a dominant force.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sometimes the best way to learn is be exposed. I don't see the harm in giving him some minutes at the 4 if they keep him.

He is not tearing it up at the 5. Let him see what the other side is like in the NBA.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes the best way to learn is be exposed. I don't see the harm in giving him some minutes at the 4 if they keep him.

He is not tearing it up at the 5. Let him see what the other side is like in the NBA.
We don't have the luxury to be experimenting to prove life lessons to Ayton. Taking Ayton's opinions on the matter would only make things worse, as he's completely delusional about his job and what he should be doing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have the luxury to be experimenting to prove life lessons to Ayton. Taking Ayton's opinions on the matter would only make things worse, as he's completely delusional about his job and what he should be doing.

If the Suns keep him, I don't see a lot to lose. He is not the center the Suns want and need.

If Ayton thinks he is a power forward, prove to him he is not. The Suns would have to have a better starting center to try it.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With how the T Wolves moves coming to a crash this season do you see them trying to move Gobert? Would moving Ayton to the 4 and bring in someone like Gobert work for us?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With how the T Wolves moves coming to a crash this season do you see them trying to move Gobert? Would moving Ayton to the 4 and bring in someone like Gobert work for us?

The Suns can't afford Gobert nor do they have the assets to trade for him, but I have been playing with the idea of adding a player that could legitimately start at center if the Suns keep Ayton.

Ayton is quick enough to guard a variety of players outside. They could experiment with him playing the 4.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton isn’t a 4. He struggled to play the position in college and did far better at Arizona when he was the only big on the court.

The only reason he played the 4 at all in college is because Arizona had a 4th year senior at center who had zero ability to play elsewhere and, out of loyalty, Arizona kept him in the starting lineup.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton isn’t a 4. He struggled to play the position in college and did far better at Arizona when he was the only big on the court.

The only reason he played the 4 at all in college is because Arizona had a 4th year senior at center who had zero ability to play elsewhere and, out of loyalty, Arizona kept him in the starting lineup.
Ristic was Arizona’s 3-4th best player that year so he had to play somewhere. Ayton’s few months in Tucson meant nothing in regards to his pro development. He would’ve been the same exact player had he played center. Same is also true for most one and dones. Ppl don’t realize how quick a pit stop it is for them.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe we should bring Ristic back from Europe to play the 5. He is a Serb like Jokić, right? ;)

In all seriousness, I don't know how to answer this poll.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a huge mistake. He's definitely not a 4.
HUGE mistake. He doesn't look mobile against lumbering centers. Now you want him to go against faster more agile PF's? Yeah...no. Suns don't have time to let Ayton figure that out for himself. They can't afford to give up a ton of games while Ayton figures out his "Truth".

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton for Green/Payton works if Draymond opts in…

Green has been huge for the Warriors run, but I think he will be a disaster if he leaves there. Four titles give him a lot of leeway to be a piece of crap, I don’t think another locker room will put up with his ********.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No chance. They aren't giving up GP2 again. The Warriors will look to move Poole. If they'd throw in Kuminga with him then I'd send Ayton there for Poole/Kuminga.

It solves a lot of problems for the Suns and they get a couple of good young players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, he doesn't. He just says that crap to the media cause he thinks DominAyton is a cute phrase for marketing himself. He knows he's not an all star and that Jokic just kicked his butt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this. If the Suns can't trade Ayton for anything but filler, keep him and put a FC next to him that is willing to do the dirty work.

Actually, this is what should have happened.

I do think the Suns should work more on finding Ayton as a cutter. He doesn't meet the ball on post ups.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In Sun Tzu's Art of War, one of the best ways to win a war is when your opponent just gives up and refuses to fight anymore. That's what I believe happened with Ayton and Jokic. I know Ayton knew he was getting killed in that match up. He didn't want to be blamed in that last game. So he was "hurt."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
How about this. If the Suns can't trade Ayton for anything but filler, keep him and put a FC next to him that is willing to do the dirty work.

Actually, this is what should have happened.

I do think the Suns should work more on finding Ayton as a cutter. He doesn't meet the ball on post ups.
He hasn't met the ball on post ups for his whole career. Is that his fault or coaching? Even tv people are saying he needs to meet the ball. Even Al McCoy said it. If everyone is saying it, why isn't it happening?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns keep him, I don't see a lot to lose. He is not the center the Suns want and need.

If Ayton thinks he is a power forward, prove to him he is not. The Suns would have to have a better starting center to try it.
We’re gonna waste a huge chunk or an entire season placating Ayton, showing him he can’t play PF and then even though in his own mind he’ll believe hes the second coming, we’ll then switch him back to C?

That is a disastrous way to approach this, IMO.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't met the ball on post ups for his whole career. Is that his fault or coaching? Even tv people are saying he needs to meet the ball. Even Al McCoy said it. If everyone is saying it, why isn't it happening?

I'm growing tired of asking why Ayton doesn't meet the ball but I think some of this problem is eliminated when the Suns find him breaking to the basket. The Suns may have to rethink how they use him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hire a coach first. Let that guy figure out if he can get anything out of Ayton. Then trade if you must.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose