SF Trade Scenario

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All I keep hearing and reading is that SF is in love with Bosa. You really don't hear any other names linked to SF and Bosa fills a huge need for SF. Wouldn't it make sense to go as far as drafting Bosa to force SF to trade for him? This all assumes that he is the #1 target by SF or other teams. Could this play out like when the Chargers drafted Eli Manning? Could backfire I suppose (if they don't Bosa)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I keep hearing and reading is that SF is in love with Bosa. You really don't hear any other names linked to SF and Bosa fills a huge need for SF. Wouldn't it make sense to go as far as drafting Bosa to force SF to trade for him? This all assumes that he is the #1 target by SF or other teams. Could this play out like when the Chargers drafted Eli Manning? Could backfire I suppose (if they don't Bosa)
A tough sell as they also need Allen or williams if they cant get bosa.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Bosa says he won't play anywhere else but SF, then you do what San Diego did with Eli Manning.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Except I just saw their GM saying they would be happy with either Bosa or Q.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Bosa slides a bit with GM's beginning to question the soundness of spending a top 5 pick on a player with such a recent history of major injury. There are so many sure fire studs to choose from, they have to wonder about the risk with Bosa. BUYER BEWARE.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Let Bosa go to SF.

We don’t play them until Week 9 & 11, so the chances of us actually playing against him are slim.

His only multi-sack game was against a 2-10 Oregon State team.

When the Chargers drafted Eli, they were willing to risk him sitting out a year since they had Brees. The Giants offered Rivers, 3rd rounder, and next year’s 1st for Eli so the Chargers easily accepted that deal

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1. We can use him
2. Why would we ever give SF what they need?
3. Better idea : trade with Oakland who would love Bosa.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let Bosa go to SF.

We don’t play them until Week 9 & 11, so the chances of us actually playing against him are slim.

His only multi-sack game was against a 2-10 Oregon State team.

So - Cards won't have to face after this season?

Didn't know that.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
So - Cards won't have to face after this season?

Didn't know that.

Even if we draft Bosa, they’ll end up picking a defender with similar potential that we’d have to worry about.

With that said, adjusting draft strategy because we’re worried about facing one defender in the draft is ridiculous since players bust all the time and there’s this thing called game-planning

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate talk of tanking a season to improve our draft position or making a pick solely to shaft a rival.

We should be in the business of winning football games (because we're better) / not playing "Let's Win a Draft.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Bosa doesn’t really scare me. I mean he’s good and all but he’s not a generational type talent

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It is a way to force SF to give up draft capital and it has been done before. This isn't unique.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/27/chicago-bears-draft-trade-number-two-pick-mitchell-trubisky
It is a way to force SF to give up draft capital and it has been done before. This isn't unique.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/27/chicago-bears-draft-trade-number-two-pick-mitchell-trubisky
But to my knowledge a trade within the same division has Never Happened maybe the old days but not since they went to this division format

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Let the 9ers have Bosa. I am much more afraid of them getting Q Williams. All this talk of Murray and Bosa and the true generational talent is staring is right in the face in QW.