Seems like we should sign a vet corner

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Do you really see it being worse despite being much improved on the interior OLine?

I’m not the biggest James Conner fan myself, but he is going from a washed up/makeshift OLine to at least above-average one.

Do I see the running back group being worse? Yes, because I have no faith Conner will stay healthy, so figure we'll just have Chase for long stretches, which is a recipe for failure IMO. And I'm just talking about the RB talent, not factoring in Hudson. Chase? Eh, he is who he is and will never be much more. Conner may be better with a better line, but, again, you have to be on the field to contribute.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do I see the running back group being worse? Yes, because I have no faith Conner will stay healthy, so figure we'll just have Chase for long stretches, which is a recipe for failure IMO. And I'm just talking about the RB talent, not factoring in Hudson. Chase? Eh, he is who he is and will never be much more. Conner may be better with a better line, but, again, you have to be on the field to contribute.

I don't get this "Chase just is who he is".

He's averaged 4.8 yards per carry on 157 carries over the last 2 years. If that's who he is I'll take it.

I've said this before, he's exactly the same height, weight and speed as Aaron Jones. Like Jones he needs a complimentary back like Conner because he can't take the pounding of 25 carries a game and Jones averages about 15. But if they use Edmonds right I don't see why he can't emulate Jones.

I have less confidence in our run scheme using him right. If you watch the multitude of ways GB uses Jones I just don't see the same variety in Kliff's scheme.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This comment re: CB from Wolfley just made me sick because I think he usually speaks for the team:

3. CB Malcolm Butler: “Malcolm Butler is a pure dog right now and he’s gonna be opposite Robert Alford. Let’s hope that happens, ladies and gentlemen. If that happens, you have Byron Murphy as your (nickel) corner, that’s gonna be good. Trust me on that, that’s gonna be a good corner group.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/264...5-most-impactful-cardinals-addition-for-2021/

One of the mouths of Sauron is actually selling an old, broken down Alford who was atrocious in his last healthy season three years ago. Blegh. I’m dubious we actually go out there and get a dependable CB opposite Butler.
Wolfley loves every one he has ever talked about

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This comment re: CB from Wolfley just made me sick because I think he usually speaks for the team:

3. CB Malcolm Butler: “Malcolm Butler is a pure dog right now and he’s gonna be opposite Robert Alford. Let’s hope that happens, ladies and gentlemen. If that happens, you have Byron Murphy as your (nickel) corner, that’s gonna be good. Trust me on that, that’s gonna be a good corner group.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/264...5-most-impactful-cardinals-addition-for-2021/

One of the mouths of Sauron is actually selling an old, broken down Alford who was atrocious in his last healthy season three years ago. Blegh. I’m dubious we actually go out there and get a dependable CB opposite Butler.
Wolfley loves every one he has ever talked about

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel attacked

:)

lol. I just keep seeing this statement from so many posters while the moves say anything but to me. Gives me deja vu of 2017 when the board somehow decided we were “All in!” in what looked to me like an obvious “hope and pray meh” off-season or the “Graves has a plan!” 2003 off-season which posters repeated ad naseum, when his plan looked more to me like the plot of The Producers than anything else.

that’s not to say the results of this season will mirror those previous seasons. Just that I see the board pushing a narrative again that I am just totally flummoxed to understand.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol. I just keep seeing this statement from so many posters while the moves say anything but to me. Gives me deja vu of 2017 when the board somehow decided we were “All in!” in what looked to me like an obvious “hope and pray meh” off-season or the “Graves has a plan!” 2003 off-season which posters repeated ad naseum, when his plan looked more to me like the plot of The Producers than anything else.

that’s not to say the results of this season will mirror those previous seasons. Just that I see the board pushing a narrative again that I am just totally flummoxed to understand.
I get it. I admit I believed that Keim would go to the mattresses for his job. While some of his moves have been aggressive, I can't say that he has. That surprises me but he obviously feels more confident in this team than I do. Maybe the bar has been set so low for this franchise that he is right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it. I admit I believed that Keim would go to the mattresses for his job. While some of his moves have been aggressive, I can't say that he has. That surprises me but he obviously feels more confident in this team than I do. Maybe the bar has been set so low for this franchise that he is right.

trust me, I expected at least an attempt to go all in. This off-season has just been weird. Home-run swings in some areas coupled with minimum action in others.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They have a good corner in butler
A good nickle in Murphy
Alford is a big question mark
Then we have two rookies with atletic abiliies and some upside
At least one of them can have a positive impact early
If we can put pressure with our pass rushers we are fine
I'm thinking & hoping either Gowan or Wilson or both really show us something towards the start of the season? Not counting on Alford to do anything. 2 seasons ago yes but after 2 years off...........doubt he does much? I hope I'm wrong? He's injury prone & on the wrong side of 30. I was reading an article on Malcom Butler, it said he's changed his technique as he's gotten older in coverage cause he's not as quick now. Maybe he can teach that to Alford? The article didn't really say what he changed technique wise.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They should try trade for Hayden Hurst. Falcons haven't taken his 5th year and he's going to lose a bunch of targets to Pitts.

They need LB help. Offer Hicks and a late pick for him.
Hicks & Kennard lol. We got the dude from Duke (last name I'm not even gonna attempt lol) he can accomplish as much as we got out of Kennard in 2020 I would think lol? I'd love to have another veteran CB though via trade. Gilmore would fit in perfectly. Fact is, KK doesn't use a conventional TE much, only for blocking. The hybrid TE's like Arnold he will use.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I heard him say that also. In defense of Alford, his last season in Atlanta, he was dealing with a nagging injury. I was hoping we would get the version of him during the Falcons SB run? Unfortunately that didn't happen & now he's 2 years older & hasn't played a down. Doubt we get anything from him? Wonder what it would take to make a trade with the Patriots for Gilmore? We just can't depend on Alford, if no trade for another CB is made, I hope & pray either Gowan or Wilson show some promise?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson