Seems like we should sign a vet corner

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Who is available and who do you like.?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Breeland, Hayward and Sherman although I don't think Sherman is a great scheme fit.

Personally I'd take a shot on Hayward. Seriously talented guy who I don't think is cooked because of one down year in a defense that struggled.

And he'd be a great vet presence around the rookies.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Breeland, Hayward and Sherman although I don't think Sherman is a great scheme fit.

Personally I'd take a shot on Hayward. Seriously talented guy who I don't think is cooked because of one down year in a defense that struggled.

And he'd be a great vet presence around the rookies.
Could he have not been a decent reason that defense struggled because he might be cooked?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could he have not been a decent reason that defense struggled because he might be cooked?

Its unlikely considering the whole thing was poor. But sure, he could be, but I'd wager not.

Don't burst into flames at the mention of PFF but he had an 83 grade the year before. I don't think he suddenly burnt out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its unlikely considering the whole thing was poor. But sure, he could be, but I'd wager not.

Don't burst into flames at the mention of PFF but he had an 83 grade the year before. I don't think he suddenly burnt out.

well players 31 yoa do tend to suddenly burnout often in the nfl... Not always but it’s certainly not uncommon

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well players 31 yoa do tend to suddenly burnout often in the nfl... Not always but it’s certainly not uncommon

Sure, but I don't think he is yet. Its not like he's 34. He's still 31. He's 6 months older than Butler. 9 months older than P2.

This is just my opinion but having Nasir Adderley at FS (who didn't play well) threw off both CBs.

Hayward only gave up a 49% completion rate which is elite. Michael Davis on the other side gave up 60%.

But both outside corners got burnt deep compared to normal. Hayward gave up 631 yards vs 350 the year before in less games with a big leap in YPC. Which would concern me normally, but Davis had the exact same thing.

Which suggests to me that there was communication or scheme issues.

Either way you get a guy who at worst is far better than Dre Kirkpatrick and at best returns to elite form.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
It would just be too weird to have Sherman on our team. I dunno if I can root for the guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The good news is that I don’t think we’re gonna be a man team anytime soon. Every team in our division highlighted how trash Vance Joseph’s man concepts were.
Well he has no more excuses this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The good news is that I don’t think we’re gonna be a man team anytime soon. Every team in our division highlighted how trash Vance Joseph’s man concepts were.

This whole "Vance is a press man guy" thing is just wrong. Maybe he favours it in neutral situations but nobody is playing much man press.

The highest percentage of man coverage in the league in 2019 was 54%. The 3rd most was 44%.

All but 2 teams played more zone, whereas the highest zone team played 75% zone.

Overall teams are in zone about 66%. So seems more important you have CBs that are good in zone.

Obviously it's situational but it seems far more situations call for zone.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim has stated that he drafted Gowan and Wilson were because of the man cover skills. He went on to say that is something they need because of VJ's scheme.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Keim has stated that he drafted Gowan and Wilson were because of the man cover skills. He went on to say that is something they need because of VJ's scheme.
That’s very stupid because neither of those guys will amount to squat. Late-round picks in the thinnest draft in history. Give me a break.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vet corner? Uh yeah. Relying on rookies is a bad idea. You hope the rookies pan out, but

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s very stupid because neither of those guys will amount to squat. Late-round picks in the thinnest draft in history. Give me a break.

Just relaying what I heard. When asked who they fought was their "steal" of the draft both KK and SK said it was Wilson. They believe they have a legit NFL CB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Steven Nelson or I'm not really interested.

I'm not going to criticize the team for signing Breeland if that were to happen, but the rest I'm not into.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steven Nelson or I'm not really interested.

I'm not going to criticize the team for signing Breeland if that were to happen, but the rest I'm not into.

Nelson is getting badly overrated here. Yeah he's had a couple of decent seasons lately but the Chiefs let him go. The Steelers just cut him.

They didn't do that because he's Jalen Ramsey.

He's no better than Breeland or other vets on the market.