Season ticket thread…..Cardinals season tickets prices rise 25% next season!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In addition to complaining about Bidwill, people should also start holding the politicians that have created our insane national inflation accountable. It’s not rocket science folks.
Not sure that either side of the political aisle triggered inflation. Europe had no stimulus checks, but worse inflation. The big problem I see is company’s are taking advantage of an extreme supply chain disruption. Look at how many things in the grocery store are unavailable or limited. Industry after industry is scoring record profits. It appears many are raising prices because everyone else is. Look at gas. The US only got 5% of its oil from Russia, yet gas has gone up 50%, while oil company enjoy huge profits and OPEC cuts production when oil prices are high. Ironically part of the problem is we pump plenty of oil in the US. The gas companies have not invested in refineries capable of turning crude to gasoline, so we have to ship much of it out of the country to produce more gas. It’s hilarious, but the cause of inflation is so multifaceted that greed seems to be the only common denominator. Industries are cleaning up while people point fingers at politicians. I’d agree they should be holding hearing on price gouging, but the two sides would rather gouge each other.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You’re correct in all ways except the most important - the connection between the two for the consumer.
This. I guarantee somewhere in the analytics, there is some thought put in to on field performance. A crappy team cannot just keep raising the pricing and expect people to keep coming out to watch a crappy product. I think because AZ season tickets are affordable, is one of the only reasons they maintain the core home fan base. If they tried to institute PSL or other money grubbing tactics, I think they would lose a huge chunk of their ticket holders (me included).

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Original STH here. My tickets went up 28% and for the first time I am debating whether to renew. The increase coupled with a less than dynamic change to the coaching staff and the conversion of the great lawn to another commercial venture has given me reason to rethink my commitment to an organization which has done very little over the years to demonstrate its commitment to the fans

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine what it would be like to be part of the Big Red Support Team that calls to ask fans how they are feeling about the team, their tickets, etc. They are going to get an earful the next time they call fans to ask their scripted questions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine what it would be like to be part of the Big Red Support Team that calls to ask fans how they are feeling about the team, their tickets, etc. They are going to get an earful the next time they call fans to ask their scripted questions.
That’ll sure scare em lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure that either side of the political aisle triggered inflation. Europe had no stimulus checks, but worse inflation. The big problem I see is company’s are taking advantage of an extreme supply chain disruption. Look at how many things in the grocery store are unavailable or limited. Industry after industry is scoring record profits. It appears many are raising prices because everyone else is. Look at gas. The US only got 5% of its oil from Russia, yet gas has gone up 50%, while oil company enjoy huge profits and OPEC cuts production when oil prices are high. Ironically part of the problem is we pump plenty of oil in the US. The gas companies have not invested in refineries capable of turning crude to gasoline, so we have to ship much of it out of the country to produce more gas. It’s hilarious, but the cause of inflation is so multifaceted that greed seems to be the only common denominator. Industries are cleaning up while people point fingers at politicians. I’d agree they should be holding hearing on price gouging, but the two sides would rather gouge each other.
How dare you bring facts into a purely political/emotional debate, Harry.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MadJack the Banner Guy here. 30 year STH and 194 banners later I’m about fed up. How fitting my last banner said “NO MAS.” And it was banned even. Likely I’m done!
Woooow, Sorry to hear that MadJack.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine went up about 18%. I made money ($50) selling my seats last year. I went to 4 games. If they were good, I would have gone to all of them.

I guess I will do the same this season.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Original STH since 1988.10 tickets. 3 time tailgaters of the year with the Bird Cage.
Bird Cage arranged for a Cardinal Bar in Tampa Bay for the Super Bowl. Never contacted about process for selecting STH who were selected for Super Bowl tickets and found out a couple of STH with a lot less seniority and a lot fewer tickes were selected .Couple that with a 28% price increase in my tickets this year plus converting the once great fan experience on the Great Lawn to just another money grabbing commercial venture and I am like Mad Jack- about done. Cardinals had some call center rep call me today and try to convince me that the NFL decided what STH got access to Super Bowl tickets. I know that is BS because while the NFL may decide how many tickets the Cardinals have available for distribution it is the Cardinals who decide the distribution protocol. Never been more down on this organization than I am today.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Haven't had season tickets since they played at ASU where I was banned for taunting Seattle fans and chanting the word "Sea-*****"

*some shoving may have been involved

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I respect the hell out of all of the die hard season ticket holders...we had season tix for the first time the year the stadium opened, and it was mostly a strange experience. Physical fights everywhere - the parking lot, the stadium, the stands, everywhere. Hell getting in and out, and a team that often disappoints.

It was one thing back to when we had a home field advantage, but to deal with all of that and on top of it to take the harassment from other teams fans...no thx.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

1. Inflation = too many dollars chasing too few goods.

2. U.S. imports approximately 4 million barrels a day of crude oil from Canada, which beyond internal use, is refined for export.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Original STH since 1988.10 tickets. 3 time tailgaters of the year with the Bird Cage.
Bird Cage arranged for a Cardinal Bar in Tampa Bay for the Super Bowl. Never contacted about process for selecting STH who were selected for Super Bowl tickets and found out a couple of STH with a lot less seniority and a lot fewer tickes were selected .Couple that with a 28% price increase in my tickets this year plus converting the once great fan experience on the Great Lawn to just another money grabbing commercial venture and I am like Mad Jack- about done. Cardinals had some call center rep call me today and try to convince me that the NFL decided what STH got access to Super Bowl tickets. I know that is BS because while the NFL may decide how many tickets the Cardinals have available for distribution it is the Cardinals who decide the distribution protocol. Never been more down on this organization than I am today.
This is actually why I created the thread asking if any STH had gone to the game. I did not hear peep one from the team leading up to the superbowl, other than a couple of emails pointing out the free events. I thought maybe they would at least offer the STH a free pair of NFL experience tix, or something.
However, I heard from a friend that works at the stadium that there were some STH that were offered seats. Some who hadn't been ticket holders for that long. I have no idea on how this was determined.
I would expect someone like you to get them over me (I've had mine about 25 years) but there should have been some sort of weighted lottery like has been done in year's past.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
They called me "BEFORE" they sent out the ticket renewal notice. Now I have to wait another 3 months. Maybe it was by design :(

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Many European countries absolutely had Covid payments. Netherlands, UK, Denmark, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, etc... were covering anywhere between 50% to 90%(for most it was 80% or 90%) of paychecks for businesses impacted by the Government forced closures and lockdowns.

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave