Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Phillies are losing to the Cardinals 4-2 in the 7th. Watching Tony in a Cubs uniform is weird.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curt challenged Sammy and lost. 2-0 Cubs. Hopefully the offense can get some runs for Curt.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
the sad part about living across the pacific is that we rarely get regular season dbacks games on tv, even on cable. so i don't know if curt's knee is affecting his pitching. anyone care to take a look for me?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think his knee is affecting him because the pitch Sosa hit was clocked at 97 mph.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
I don't think his knee is affecting him because the pitch Sosa hit was clocked at 97 mph.

i was hoping you guys could tell me if there's anything unusual about his delivery? he's allowing a few more hits than normal today....

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The offense has not shown up yet. No hits after 3 innings.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sosa with another bomb. He has 7 home runs off Curt.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
talk about owning a guy. well, at least it isn't bonds. sosa's an ok guy anyway. plus, he's not a gnat.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No hits after 4. This team is so frustrating to watch some times. Why does Brenly have to freakin' play different line-ups every day?

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
coz brenly's an idiot. and the dbacks simply can't hit REAL major league pitching. if it weren't for the quality of our pitching, we'd have the worst record...ever.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
think there's any chance we could call up the bad news bears? i'm sure they could hit better than these guys.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ramirez just hit a huge home run. This game does not look good. The Phillies won so it looks like it will be 3.5 games out of the wild card.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Hammock and Gonzo both swing at the first pitch. No patience at all.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Hammock and Gonzo both swing at the first pitch. No patience at all.

yeah, so i noticed. everyone wants to be a hero. btw, i don't care what that idiot masquerading as a manager says, if we don't hit, it's the hitting coach's fault. if it's unreasonable to expect him to make them hit, then why'd he take the job anyway?! too bad, nice effort by schill. serves this team right if he decides to pack up and go. i wish johnson would go with him though. man, imagine both of them on the phillies! now that would be fun!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to get a hit. Bottom of the 8th and no hits.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate the Phillies. Curt is not going anywhere. This team needs to get a big bat in the off-season.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shea got an infield hit. It was close. Replay shows he was out.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
I hate the Phillies. Curt is not going anywhere. This team needs to get a big bat in the off-season.

same here, but i hate the dbacks even more at this point. and i'll root for any team that has johnson and schilling. i'm just totally disgusted by their teammates. it's like total disrespect. they're playing with two of the best pitchers of this generation, and they're not doing what they're paid to do: score runs. and it's not even like we're expecting them to put up red sox numbers, y'know what i mean? is 4 runs a game too much to ask?

with this bunch of hitters, it is. with this pretend-manager, it is. what a sad, sad bunch of ballplayer-wannabees.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
The hit Zambrano gave up was nothing more than a make-up call from earlier, although it was hard to tell if Simon's foot was off the bag; regardless, Zambrano should have great stuff tonight, since the hacking 'Backs only let him throw 61....yes, SIXTY-ONE pitches through the first seven innings!!

I hope the next two games go better than this...I wonder what new lineup BB will try now???

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
um, i'd be happy if these guys were hacking, they looked more like they were waving lollipops. goodbye dbacks, cya next year.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rally time. RBI single by Mondesi and it's 4-1 and the tying run coming up.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
wow, well look at that. we actually hit something. nice one, gonzo. too bad we didn't have more of him. :(

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
oh, god, no, not alex the rally killer.

...ahahhahah! good old dbacks, NEVER fail to disappoint. isn't this funny, now the dbacks and the cubs have exchanged places. they have the dominating pitching, we have the team that constantly breaks fans' hearts.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92