Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like Jim Traber said, it's a new season. I thought we could start a thread that will talk about every game for the rest of the season. Let's hope they start getting hot and make a run at the playoffs. The site needs to start talking about the Diamondbacks.

The first game to start the thread is game 2 against the Twins. Good news, the Diamondbacks are up 8-0. The bad is Spivey just hurt his ankle and Bautista was already taken out for an injury. When will the injury bug leave?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 9-2. They're now only 3 games under 500. Let's hope Junior and Bautista are okay. If they do bring somebody up from Tucson I hope it's Chad Tracy. He can flat out hit.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
man, am i overjoyed that there are people who still believe in the dbacks. i sorta got tired of hearing from the pessimists, despite the fact that the same people normally put up sensible, well-researched material that gets me thinking.

man things look great. we've probably as good as proven we can score with the best of em...though our pitching staff is in shambles, we've been able to win 2/3 of every recent series, some of them against very good ballclubs. cintron is, like someone said, the real deal. this guy's gonna be a star if he keeps this up. hillenbrand is everything we could've asked for, and when he gets back, together with gonzo and cintron, we'll have a real mean lineup. keep in mind, while not insignificant, the loss of bautista and spivey doesn't really mean crap, since they haven't exactly been hitting the daylights of the ball. nevertheless they'll be back. fins should be back at center.

as for the pitching, it has nowhere to go but up. we have what might be a future ace in the making in webb. johnson and schilling will be back. villareal looks like the real thing too (no blown saves. when mantei and prinz get back, we'll have one of the best bullpens anywhere. now if only villareal gets back on track...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think even though they have been decimated by the injury bug, pitching has not been the problem, hitting has. I just hope they can get a big bat or two in the off season. I think if Mantei shows he is healthy he could be traded before July is over.

As for today's game, it would be nice for the Diamondbacks to get Elmer an early lead.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good start. Cintron has really helped this offense. Baerga is also a key. It seems like he is always getting a hit or two a game. It's early but the Diamondbacks are up 1-0 in the rubber game against the Twins.

spleenk

Registered
Reaction score
Then reality sets in...

8-7 us in the 8th.

Dessens just ain't that good.

Chad Tracy isn't on the 40 man roster according to a poster at azcentral.

I haven't given up yet this year. Too many games left and we're staying somewhat level with our AAA guys.

C'mon, Overbay, smack one out.

edit: oops, it's Baerga

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched the rest of the game at a friend's house. All the young guys came up big. Dessens did not pitch well but you got to like Jose as the closer. The more I see him the more I think they should maybe make a trade with Mantei. Matt is injury prone and to pay a guy 8 million next year and you don't know if he will stay healthy is risky.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dellucci comes off the DL tomorrow, what player does he replace?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Dellucci comes off the DL tomorrow, what player does he replace?

Maybe they put Bautista on the DL just to buy some time on the decision???

adam

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tonight's game is not on TV in Tucson. Hopefully someone can post about the game.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good start to the game. Home run for Ensberg in the first but it's early.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good with an rbi in the second to tie the game. For those watching was it barely fair?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to Matt Kata. Matt hits his first home run to tie it and now Cintron hits a home run to go back to back and put the Diamondbacks ahead 3-2.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Gonzo is my favorite player but he's got to have the worst arm on the entire team.

I couldn't hit big league pitching to save my life but I know I could have thrown out that guy in the eighth. The ball was barely into the outfield and the guy scored from second.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by devilalum
Gonzo is my favorite player but he's got to have the worst arm on the entire team.

I couldn't hit big league pitching to save my life but I know I could have thrown out that guy in the eighth. The ball was barely into the outfield and the guy scored from second.

It's a known fact that Gonzo has absolutely no arm in left field.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two games left against the Astros and I believe the Diamondbacks can take these two games and the series.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two games left against the Astros and I believe the Diamondbacks can take these two games and the series.

Basically they have to. They must win series after series and be in a position to overtake the Giants after the AllStar break. They must oversome the injuries and keep on keeping on.

I was disappointed in last nights game. Really thought they could have and should have taken that. Interesting the vets played horribly and the rookies were the catalysts. The Dbacks need those vets to step up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like it might be a low scoring game again which means if the Astros are ahead going into the 7th it will be tough to beat their bullpen. Not impossible but tough. Webb pitching well except that one bad pitch. The guys need to get their hitting shoes on b/c they're down 1-0 in the 4th.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one thing I can't stand is Thom's negative talk about the Diamondbacks game after game. Maybe Thom should go on the DL and Traber and Lyons could do the broadcasting.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Web pitching great again but no run support. Can someone bunt properly?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The one thing I can't stand is Thom's negative talk about the Diamondbacks game after game. Maybe Thom should go on the DL and Traber and Lyons could do the broadcasting.

The one thing I can't stand is the Dbacks' lousy hitting game after game. :rolleyes:

adam

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this team is one or two big bats away from contending for the World Series. I think it will be an interesting July and off- season. I have a feeling the Diamondbacks will be a little busy.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Gonzo!!! Wow, off Wagner. 1-1 in the 9th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave