Sean Kugler

Reaction score
I love this guy!

Sean Kugler’s value to the cardinals can not be said loud enough.

In my opinion, its not that he is the best offensive line coach in the nfl, but that he is so much better than whoever is second.

He gets the most out of his players.

keep up the great work coach!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love this guy!

Sean Kugler’s value to the cardinals can not be said loud enough.

In my opinion, its not that he is the best offensive line coach in the nfl, but that he is so much better than whoever is second.

He gets the most out of his players.

keep up the great work coach!!
Agreed. He is on my love list this year for the holidays.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If another team tried to poach him Mr Bidwill could just start a go-fund-me and have Kugler paid for in an afternoon

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is why we need to give him top talent. I know he is capable of getting a lot out of lower tier guys, but imagine if we actually gave him some blue chip talent. It was one of the reasons I would have been fine taking an OT in the draft.

I would like to see us spend a 2nd or 3rd on an interior lineman...maybe both a 2nd AND 3rd, and let Kugler really build up a great O-Line.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Some interesting stats in the link below as far as pressure stats are concerned. The cardinals are 6th in pressure percentage (pressures per drop back) and are the 2nd least blitzed team in the league (afraid to lose contain on KM).

The numbers seem to suggest that the line is doing well, but that there is also a big effect to having KM as the QB because teams don't pass rush us as aggressively because of the fear that KM will burn them with his feet.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The numbers seem to suggest that the line is doing well, but that there is also a big effect to having KM as the QB because teams don't pass rush us as aggressively because of the fear that KM will burn them with his feet.

Chris Simms said the same thing...called it the "mush rush".

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some interesting stats in the link below as far as pressure stats are concerned. The cardinals are 6th in pressure percentage (pressures per drop back) and are the 2nd least blitzed team in the league (afraid to lose contain on KM).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/advanced.htm
QBs with elite tangibles of sort always make their line a lot better

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I actually think KK has made a couple of solid hires.

Vance seems to be rounding into what we had hoped when he was hired. I think better talent this season has allowed him to do more.

Kugler has been a star.

Those are 2 big hires for any new coach. The coordinator opposite his specialty and the OL coach.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think KK has made a couple of solid hires.

Vance seems to be rounding into what we had hoped when he was hired. I think better talent this season has allowed him to do more.

Kugler has been a star.

Those are 2 big hires for any new coach. The coordinator opposite his specialty and the OL coach.

Frankly, those hires belong to Steve keim

Kellerfox

Reaction score
Frankly, those hires belong to Steve keim

Kugler is 100% Kliff (or at least a strong recommendation he pushed for, Keim obviously made the final hire). Kliff and Sean got close while Sean was head coach at UTEP and Kliff at Texas Tech. They played each other twice, and while at Tech, Kliff regularly talked about reviewing UTEP film and stealing plays. Kliff had quite a bit of respect for Kugler's use and development of Aaron Jones (now of the Green Bay Packers).

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why we need to give him top talent. I know he is capable of getting a lot out of lower tier guys, but imagine if we actually gave him some blue chip talent. It was one of the reasons I would have been fine taking an OT in the draft.

I would like to see us spend a 2nd or 3rd on an interior lineman...maybe both a 2nd AND 3rd, and let Kugler really build up a great O-Line.

FYI:

DJ: Rd: 1
Pugh: Rd: 1*
Cole: Rd: 3
Murray: Rd: URFA
Beachum: Rd: 7**

Jones: Rd: 3 (T)
Garcia: Rd: 4 (UFA-2021)
Gaillard: Rd: 6 (C/G)
Miles: Rd: 7 (T)

Gilbert: Rd: 2***
Sweezy: Rd: 7 (UFA-2021)

Leonard (?)
Martin (?)

* With a $4m CAP hit if cut in 2021, I can imagine Cards will attempt to renegotiate the last 2 years on Pugh's deal.

** Given his play so far, I could see Cards attempting to extend Beachum's stay in AZ.

*** If Gilbert returns, he only costs $1,050,000 in 2021.

With DJ, Jones, Gilbert, Miles and possibly Beachum in 2021, we are pretty strong at tackle.

We'll need a veteran guard or two, and no doubt O-lineman will be part of the DRAFT mix.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having him makes me want to take the best o-lineman in the draft

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave