Scott Parker to miss Fulham's Boxing Day game with Southampton due to self-isolation

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fulham will be without manager Scott Parker for their Boxing Day tussle with Southampton after a member of his household tested positive for coronavirus. Despite returning a negative test result, current Government guidelines require the former England midfielder to self-isolate for ten days, meaning he will be absent from the Craven Cottage dug-out on Saturday. First-team coaches Matt Wells and Stuart Gray – who was on the high-flying visitors’ coaching staff between 1994 and 2001 – will take charge as Fulham seek a victory that could see them move out of the Premier League relegation zone. Subject to returning a further negative test, Parker is set to return for his side’s trip to West London rivals Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Wednesday but in the meantime will be doing all he can from afar. “The lockdown period gave us some ideas on how to coach remotely but this is a little bit different as we are in competition. “I am still putting in the same input but I am just not out on the grass with them. The world we are living in has taught us different ways to make the most of a bad situation and I will be doing all I can from home. I will be in constant dialogue with my staff and will have a laptop and screens with a lot of different angles for me to see the game. “Is it going to be as good as live? No of course not, but that is the predicament I am in. For the last nine months, as quickly as you plan something you have to cancel it and we are all getting used to it. “Hopefully I can have a big influence from where I am but I have an unbelievable team around me - I know you would expect me to say that but that’s the truth - and the team are in good hands.” Meanwhile Hull have lost a second festive fixture after calling off next Tuesday's League One match with Lincoln due to a number of Covid-19 cases at the club. Hull were already without a match on Saturday as scheduled opponents Sunderland have also had a Covid-19 outbreak.

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort