SB LVII Chiefs Eagles game thread 2-12-23

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was just kidding. I’ve been blessed with 2 boys but always wanted a daughter too. So many things I feel like I’m going to miss out on. Happy and jealous for you.
Same same. 2 sons 12 years apart. But was blessed with an 8yr old step daughter.....by the time she was 13 she wouldnt even make plans for game days

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure. Ticky tack. Meaning, stuff like that is routinely not called throughout the season. Go back and watch it. It was a 50/50 call IMO. But yes...it was called this time and made it even more clear because the ball was thrown in his direction.
There is really no such thing. It's binary.

Did the contact possibly impact the play? Yes it did.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure. Ticky tack. Meaning, stuff like that is routinely not called throughout the season. Go back and watch it. It was a 50/50 call IMO. But yes...it was called this time and made it even more clear because the ball was thrown in his direction.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bradberry ADMITTED he did it. Black and white call.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I remember at least 3 slow-mo replays where the defender hit the player or grabbed his arms/hands before the ball reached his hands but was not called. I was just thinking a couple minutes before the Call, how much I liked it that the refs had pretty much simply let both teams decide the game by not calling anything that was close, either way. And then the refs go and make a call like this at this point in the game.

LOL, it's like they nearly made it through the whole game staying out of it, but just couldn't resist for 1 more little minute. It was just more than they could stand.

What cost the Eagles the game was their QB's fumble that was run back. They had kicked the Chiefs rears for 2 quarters and held them to only 1 TD through the whole first half. But the score was not indicative of it. Does that remind you all of another super bowl game, and a TD by the D that won the game for a team that was pretty much beaten through most of the game?

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Andy Reid credits Eric for scheming up plays that destroyed Gannon's defense. And yet he's praying to get an OC job elsewhere. Tough.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah they missed another blatant one earlier in the game on third down. That had an impact on the game early on.

Crying about refs is the battle cry of the loser.

I thought the refs were spot on all game.

Eagles fans crying about the refs when they lost because of a scoop and score on a dumb fumble, allowed 2 uncovered walk in TD's in Q4 (on the exact same play) and allowed the longest punt return in SB history at the end of the game (I know this because the analyst said it about 9 times) is peak football fandom.

Just forget all that poor situational football and focus on the holding call.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hats off to Arizona.

From afar it looked like a great super bowl. The state/Phoenix looked great. The stadium looked great (Mike should get a perma wrap state farm). The half time show was amazing. Only seen good comments all week by visiting media.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hats off to Arizona.

From afar it looked like a great super bowl. The state/Phoenix looked great. The stadium looked great (Mike should get a perma wrap state farm). The half time show was amazing. Only seen good comments all week by visiting media.
If you ignore everybody rightfully slandering the field conditions due to all the slippage, then yea, it was great.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bradberry ADMITTED he did it. Black and white call.
Cool. Never said it wasn't. I said it wasn't as blatant or obvious as many other holds I've seen called and that stuff like that is let go left and right in the secondary throughout the season. We'll just agree to disagree and move on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you ignore everybody rightfully slandering the field conditions due to all the slippage, then yea, it was great.

The field that the NFL spent 2 years growing in Arizona and installed themselves 2 weeks ago that had absolutely nothing to do with anyone but the NFL?

We don't even keep it. They will pull it up and donate it to a local high school.

Bit weird, but not at all surprising to hear you chime in with "but the field" though. Couldn't let Arizona have any positivity without putting the boot in.